If You Had Ro At Home...?

ceecrb1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I´m wondering,
Here at home in Valencia, spain.... The water is shockingly bad, do drink and worse for fish. I have to buy RO from my LFS....
We´re going to install an RO filter at home for drinking etc..

Its got me thinking.. If you had RO at home, wouldnt it almost be easier to have marine tanks and add sea mix, rather than have a tropical tank?

No, I doubt it would be easier. Marine is like tropical hardcore.

Its not a very good idea to drink RO water.... Be careful.

RO water has all of its salts and minerals removed by the RO process. You would find that a major source of nutrients would be disappearing. You may also deteriorate in health as drinking RO water would lead to you losing more salts in your urine etc than you gain through drinking.

A Water filter would be a better idea.

RO water has all of its salts and minerals removed by the RO process. You would find that a major source of nutrients would be disappearing. You may also deteriorate in health as drinking RO water would lead to you losing more salts in your urine etc than you gain through drinking.

I know what you say makes sense.. but they sell them here as "clean drinking water"... this is mental..

I know what you say makes sense.. but they sell them here as "clean drinking water"... this is mental..

Perhaps the set-ups they are selling are RO units with a difference. Im aware that you can buy units that mix 50% RO water with 50% untreated water..... interesting... :)

Most reactions

Back