Identification

sblovett

Reaction score
A strange fish appeared in my tank. I am absolutely certain I have never seen him before.
I took a photo and attached it, not a good one but does anyone have an idea what he could be?

Thank for your help
Shirley

no picture.

joined in 2007 and 1 post? Well done remembering your password!

You need to upload your pic to a hosting site, like Photobucket or Flickr, and then post the IMG code :good:

I've lowered the resolution, I think it should be in place this time.
Shirley

Attachments

• DSCF6595.jpg
    DSCF6595.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 36
Wow, that's a bit too small mate, tbh! Black widow tetra? Tinfoil barb? Uaru?

sorry - he seems a bit shy and it's hard to get a pix.
I'll look up the ones you suggest
Thank you
Shirley

looks like a rosy tetra to me, but do need a bigger pic.

You say this fish just 'appeared' in your tank? It's much larger than the neon you have in there so how on earth did you miss its arrival?

Have you bought any other fish recently that this may have ended up in the bag with?

I know it sounds daft. I have been keeping fish for around 12 years. I know all my fish. I have had a few deaths recently following the purchase of some new tetras to replace the ones that died of old age. I always aclimatise my fish before they go in the tank and would have seen any other type of fish in the bags. It is a complete mystery. I'll look at pix of the rosy tetras and see if it's a match. I only noticed it yesterday after I had done a three bucket water change and cleaned the tank.

Lol! Funny thread, I love it.

Yes I think its a rosy tetra or similar, has a very similar dorsal fin. Only looking at it on my phone though, so its even smaller.

hahgahahahaha! how can a fish appear?! wish that would happen to me lol do you have a partner/friend/child who could have dropped something in and didnt tell you?

I've bought fish before and in the bag there was apparently some Molly fry. I've never kept any mollies but there were these tiny fry, almost impossible to see. I gave them to my cousin. Lol. Any chance you accidentally bought it as a fry and it has hidden until just recently?

not 100% possitive on an identificatin but to me thats deffo a type of tetra.
my guess aswell is a rosy tetra.

still think its a serpae

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/tetrafish/serpaetetra.php

Most reactions

Back