Ideas Please

so do you think that an albina shark will do ok with 6 black neons??

and a few corys??

No link, that just my person thought. But it really applys to full body fish

Dre you can do that if you want some nice yummy treats for the shark LOL

When you give advice on a forum like this you give advice with the kind of person they are and what fish they have and what they would like. If I would have said I want a big predator and some little ones to feed it then your answer would have been viable. I asked a different kind of question and all I have got from you are comments that start drama, this is a lovely board with some lovely fish keepers in it with some lovely HEALTHY fish. I have to say this and I plainly dont care if i get edited or if this gets deleted but with every post its all either a bunch of horse poop or its totally dramatised or your replies cause drama, in my eyes your spamming the board with stupidness.

wha?

When you give advice on a forum like this you give advice with the kind of person they are and what fish they have and what they would like. If I would have said I want a big predator and some little ones to feed it then your answer would have been viable. I asked a different kind of question and all I have got from you are comments that start drama, this is a lovely board with some lovely fish keepers in it with some lovely HEALTHY fish. I have to say this and I plainly dont care if i get edited or if this gets deleted but with every post its all either a bunch of horse poop or its totally dramatised or your replies cause drama, in my eyes your spamming the board with stupidness.

i'd like to second clares feelings there.

um, i was talking about myself?? i am also looking for ideas. I need a fish that will go well with black neons.

sorry if i upset you guys.

Ok let me redo my reply.

Dre,

It would not such a wise decision on your part to include those fish in your tank. First of all an Albino shark needs a minimum of 50 US Gallons. Anything under will not suffice.

The shark will grow to a maximum size of 6 inches. Those black tetras will become food to him. He might also harass your cories. Cories and tetras are peaceful schooling fish. While the Shark at a juvenile state is semi-aggressive, he might grow into an aggressive beast.

20 (US) gallons

thats why i am asking before i would ever do it. imn saying i am, it is just an idea.

A lot as in, well depends. It's hard to explain-

See You have a 30 gallon tank. Each cory needs what 25 gallons? So if you get 5 their gallon usage would be 150 gallons plus the need for the other fish. That would mean you would have to use a 350 GPH filter. And if your substrate is going to be more than 1 - 1.5 inches thick you will have problem with detritus. unless you accompony your main filter with an undergravel filter being it be gravel and not sand you will keep things clean. Than theres the issue of live plants, and cories are bottem dweller from what I have seen. So those tablets you throw into the ank for the bottem guys get hidden away sometimes which would cause clarity problems. So why not the school of tetras?

erm no offence but where do you get the idea that corys need 25gallons EACH ????. most corys get to 3"max size so in a 30gal tank you could have at least 10 corys without any problems if you go with the inch per gallon rule

here's a pic of my tank.

IM004721.jpg

Most reactions

Back