Ideas Please

Dre,
You could do like a fake silk plant amazon looking bio, with a school of 10 tetras.

here's a pic of my tank.

thats a lovely tank, alot of open space. if your having black neons though I would change the plants as they dash around so much they can hurt themselves... why not try the silk ones if your not a real plant keeper.

but which one specifically would you recomend?

rosy tetras are nice, I have 3 of them.. know there should be 5 but they were rescued.. then you have lemons, I havnt got any but I have seen them and they are lovely. then you have the common neon.. theren ice, and then cardinal.. lovely again.. I would go for tetras. they add lots of colour and activity to a tank

i was looking at lemon tetras, but later decided i wanted something that mybe look a little more different than them two types of tetras.

i was looking at lemon tetras, but later decided i wanted something that mybe look a little more different than them two types of tetras.

go to this site and have a look on here
it gives you a took to crete a tank and it tells you if you can have them or not
site

ok, if i must have 5 corys, will I beable to have lets say 3 bronze and 2 albino??? will that work??

If I had a 37g, give or take, at my disposal with those dimensions that you specified. I see no reason why you couldn't opt for something a little different and have a corydora species tank. There are some species, especially the pygmy corydora that cruise all parts of the tank. In addition, in a large school, you really get to see some very interesting behavior.

Say, go for 15 corydora pygmaeus

8 of a more medium bodied corydora with an interesting pattern. Green lazers are really lovely.

8-10 of albino corydoras for some contrast

Another option that would be really great, if you want a species tank, are tiger barbs. They are a fish that really come into their own in a species setting. You could get the different varieties for contrast (green, albino, etc), but I really like your old-fashioned tiger barbs. The males are particularly impressive when they color up.

Some of the more unusual tetras are also an option. I once kept a species tank of lemon tetras. Really very lovely and they had the most subtle colors. Quite beautiful in a planted tank.

Finally, an option, especially if the tank is as long as you say it is, like 48", are some small danios. They would really enjoy the open spaces in your tank, and you could really get a nice school of say 20 zebra danios, leopard, or even pearl danios (gorgeous colors when in the right light). Compliment them with a few of the smaller loach species, like botia striata or kuhlie loaches, since you have sand, and that would be a kick butt setup.

That, clareuk, is what I would do with your tank if it was mine. Hope this helps a little. Keep us posted on what you decide to do. :)

Most reactions

Back