Ideas on what i cud keep in this tank

Carolinesugar

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all, just curious what sort of fish, and how many i cud keep in it.

i know 1 possibility is keeping a betta in there, but i just want to see what other sorts of fish i cud keep in there, instead of a betta.

i dont want to keep any more livebearing fish, as ive got a few tanks full of them already, lol.

i wud like to try and keep sumthing i havent had before, which rules out, liverbearers, bettas, barbs, and rasbarers.

thanx in advance,

I'm sorry to say fish wise, you are really limited to a betta.

have you considered a frog or shrimp, even breeding your own baby brine shrimp as a cheap food source?

kissing gourami or a couple of balloon mollies as they are good to watch.

the caretaker said:
plants seem about the only thing I could think of besides bettas
:angry:

An 8 litre tank with ballon mollies and a kissing gourami? You must either be insane, or very misinformed.

I suggest you go with a betta and maybe 1 or 2 african dwarf frogs :thumbs:

P.T.

You quoted the wrong guy ;)

But I totally agree, there is no way you could keep a kissing gourami or balloon molly in that small a tank. kissing gouramis are huuuuuuge! maybe whoever recommend that hadnt read the "8 litre" bit.

I can only reinforce what others have said, that tank is only big enough for betta/shrimp/frogs. but you can never have too many bettas, after all. :)

Some daphnia or sea monkeys would work well in that tank.

Candyco said:
the caretaker said:
plants seem about the only thing I could think of besides bettas
lol i'd get really bored staring @ a tank of plants!!!! :blink:
I find myself staring at my plants for 20 minutes sometimes. I guess I'm just very easily amused.

I think it would look really cute as a properly aquascaped tank of small plants, with some shrimp...might be a bit of a challene but it would be pretty. :)

How many gallons is 8 litres? :*) Maybe you could get a paradise fish? They have great personalities and are fairly easy to take care of. Although I am not sure how many gallons 8 litres is. If it is more than 3 gallons, you could pull of a paradise fish.

endilliteracy said:
How many gallons is 8 litres? :*) Maybe you could get a paradise fish? They have great personalities and are fairly easy to take care of. Although I am not sure how many gallons 8 litres is. If it is more than 3 gallons, you could pull of a paradise fish.
I'm thinking it's about 2 gallons, maybe less?

eta: just checked the online conversion site:

8 liter = 2.1133764 gallon [US, liquid]

I say go with shrimps! You could make a cool little planted tank in an 8 litre tank. Just make sure you have a lid if you do get shrimps.

The only other thing I would suggest is a betta.

Ben

Most reactions

Back