Ich Or Sock Eye?

luke85

Reaction score
i previously posted a major problem

<a href="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=272799" target="_blank">http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=272799</a>

i think i found the infected fish but i'm not sure what it is infected with.

P1010013.JPG

P1010012.JPG

if anyone can identify this soon i would appreciate it as my fish store closes in 30 minutes and i don't want to lose any more fish.

i bought some Maracyn should i treat the tank?
i will try to get a better picture

We bought a 55 gallon tank on dec. 1st. we cycled the tank with 10 white clouds. During cycling we didn't lose any. then this wednesday we bought 5 rasboras. everything was good for the first day. then thursday night the smallest rasbora died. i figured it was just shock but as a precaution i checked the water levels

Ammonia- 0
PH- 7.8-8.0
nitrates- 0-5 ppm
nitrites- 0 ppm

the tank has been staying at these levels for the past 2 weeks or so. Friday morning i found 2 more of the rasboras dead. i checked the levels again and everything was the same. so i thought i might still be shock. then tonight we lost 2 of the white clouds now i'm getting concerned the levels have not changed. But i did notice small red dots on the bodies of the dead white clouds tonight.

Request Help

Tank size: 55
pH:7.8-8
ammonia:0
nitrite:0ppm
nitrate:0-5ppm
kH:
gH:
tank temp:78

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior):

only noticed red dots on the white clouds

Volume and Frequency of water changes:

1 per week 25%

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank:
none other than declorinator

Tank inhabitants:
now 8 white clouds and two rasboras

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration):
5 rasboras

Exposure to chemicals:
n/a

any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keep to the same thread or it's getting comfusing.
Do you mean there tiny white spots on the fish eye.
White specs on eyes can also be eye flukes.
Any signs of flicking and rubbing.

Most reactions

Back