Ich medications

Crystal

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I am using Nox Ich on my black neons, and it does not seem to be working at all. The poor little guys are even more covered than when I started medicating a few days ago! What is a really good kind of ich medacation that I can use? Other than the spots all over them, they seem quite happy and healthy.

*edited for spelling*

I use a water change, a dose of aquarium salt, temp of 82f and a course of interpet aquarium treatment no.6 anti white spot plus.

hope that helps

No you cannot use salt on the neons they are scaless. Try bumpimg up the temp to 85 and do small water changes for a week. This is the way I rid my tank without medicine and I dont get all that stress from the meds.

I have been doing that as well, minus the salt because I know it will do more harm than good. The fish don't seem stressed at all, just spotty.

Have you taken out the carbon from your filter? this will just absorb the medication from your tank and make it useless.

Make sure you dose the full amount according to volume of your tank as under dosing wont help combate the ich.

The meds will only killing the ich parasite in the free swimming stage, which means it don't kill the spots directly until they fall off.

HTH

Bigfish

Well, I don;t have to worry about it with my black neons, they both passed away today. I only have my Beuno Aries (Bruno) left, and he has ich pretty bad as well. *sigh* I think I am staying away from the Tetras.

I don;t know if I will be able to save my little Bruno. I have been treating him as well with the ich meds, and his fins are looking ragged as well now. Poor little guy.

Most reactions

Back