I Want To Give My Fish Back

matchstickman47

Fish Herder
Reaction score
i had six five banded barbs but severe finrot hit my tank and now i only have three i would like to sell or just give them back to my fish store
do they take back fish after so long and would they have a free and i dont have their number and the website isnt working, the store is maidenhead aquatics in st albens
the pentazonas dont look happy at all :(
should i give em back
i dont want to buy more in my opinion there pretty weak compared to the others in my tank
they been in a trio since xmas (what a day to have an outbreak)
with them i keep bn plecos, neon tetra, honey and dwarf gouramis
i dont want to just get rid of them ( thats inhumane) so i just thought te fis place maby more than happy to take em back
they aint ill of nothing
just lonely

thanks

i had six five banded barbs but severe finrot hit my tank and now i only have three i would like to sell or just give them back to my fish store
do they take back fish after so long and would they have a free and i dont have their number and the website isnt working, the store is maidenhead aquatics in st albens
should i give em back
i dont want to buy more in my opinion there pretty weak compared to the others in my tank
i dont want to just get rid of them ( thats inhumane) so i just thought te fis place maby more than happy to take em back
they aint ill of nothing
just lonely

thanks
How old is the tank?
Pentazonas are weaker fish that need very mature tanks of over six months old.

I think most stores allow you to "trade in" your fish. I had to call my local as my Corys are getting too big and they said they would give me half what they sell them for in-store credit

they wer one of the first fish in the tank put em in after 2 weeks the three survivers of the xmas deaths have been in there for about 8 months and are fine
guy in the shop said they would be fine but im starting to realize im far more qualified then them most are just student whom know nothing
am aware now of my mistake

however i dont wish to slate the fish dudes arnt al bad there sees to be at least one clever'un in the shop lol
next time i wont ask

they wer one of the first fish in the tank put em in after 2 weeks the three survivers of the xmas deaths have been in there for about 8 months and are fine
guy in the shop said they would be fine but im starting to realize im far more qualified then them most are just student whom know nothing
am aware now of my mistake

however i dont wish to slate the fish dudes arnt al bad there sees to be at least one clever'un in the shop lol
next time i wont ask lol

yeh i hear many do but i need to e sure as im not taking them there and being rejected

thanks for the fast posts ppl

should i give em back
they aint ill of nothing
just lonely

thanks
hi sorry to here about the problem but what i read their want be a problem with your lfs takeing them back they never give you money for them but will takr them off you for nothing as long as they are not sick in any way .Why dont you try buy or sell on this forum their is a lot of members on it and you might sell on their or get someone o take them for nothing hope you sort it out ps if they want to charge tell them no chance i go to maidenhead in liverpool and they are great so you should be ok good luck wazza

my lfs dont give me anything for them but will take them off my hands
all lfs are different

hi sorry to here about the problem but what i read their want be a problem with your lfs takeing them back they never give you money for them but will takr them off you for nothing as long as they are not sick in any way .Why dont you try buy or sell on this forum their is a lot of members on it and you might sell on their or get someone o take them for nothing hope you sort it out ps if they want to charge tell them no chance i go to maidenhead in liverpool and they are great so you should be ok good luck wazza
thanks but i tink selling to other memers is too much hassle

like johnlenham said i may get store cred
thatd be nice

dont supose i would get much for three pentazonas anyway

Hi if you put your location, someone on here may take them for you or swap for something else perhaps better suited to your tank, then at least you know they are going to a good home.

good luck. xx

Bear in mind, the pet store might refuse to take some because of the hassle of quarantining a small number of fish. Have you got a friend [or a friend of a friend] that will add them to their own tank for you?

Most reactions

Back