I Want To Breed My Bettas

lol wow she is stuffed, so you'd have to keep an eye to ensure you dont think its bloat or dropsy!

whats the rat
tongue2.gif

The only thing i have to be concerned about is egg binding, she is older than my other ones I own. This one has already produced a spawn for me and I can say for sure she has over 500 eggs, because last time I counted all eggs give or take a few. Bloat and dropsy are alot bigger than that, when out of water its desiving on how it looks
smile.gif
Live food seem to work best for making eggs and alot of them. The bottom tube is actually open today
smile.gif

sorry, I didn't word that right, what I meant was for novices (like me) could see this and think it was bloat, not your girl has bloat. I sometimes (don't) have a way with words!

LoL ~ The rat is a Heinz 57 breed

chiwawa,pomeranian,#105###zu,poodle mix..... don't ask wife is into toy breeds and actually pretty #41#### cute I must say already getting the maine
This was the only dog that was black and takes after the mother, the pom side, the others have the #105###zu face and the chiwawa body lol and the best part its hair woot!

The female is already absorbing the eggs had to seperate the breeding and end it early due to injury to the male how weird

Right i have homes for about 200little fish, whats next one on the list?

Buy a DECENT male and female betta, let them settle for a 2-3 weeks.
Then condition them for two weeks with livefoods. :good:

EDIT: i would use the 20L tank as the spawning tank, then when they are older pop them into the empty 80L tank.

Or if not, divide the 80L tank with a 25L section. Then as the fry grow bigger, pull out the divider. :good:

Ive got a male betta, that i want to breed but in the fry tank ATM is some platys so i will have to let them grow out first. I would like to buy a female from a breeder. Anyone on the forums?
ill be dividing the 200l,
I have no rush and will be buying another 20l to keep the female betta in.

Is the male a veiltail or a pet shop betta? I've read that you should buy both male and female from a reputable breeder to ensure good genes. I'm sure loraxchick can explain it really well.

EDIT: i would use the 20L tank as the spawning tank, then when they are older pop them into the empty 80L tank.

Or if not, divide the 80L tank with a 25L section. Then as the fry grow bigger, pull out the divider. :good:

I read on the other forum that you have to have a 40l tank for spawning?

If you only need 20l that makes my hunting alot easier!

I read on the other forum that you have to have a 40l tank for spawning?

If you only need 20l that makes my hunting alot easier!

3G to 10G, though most people do reccommend a 5G atleast. This bigger the better, mainly because when you go in to catch the female if the tank is small you will most likely wreck the nest.

Its what works for you personally. Although when i breed my soon to come bettas im going to use 7G

Most reactions

Back