I Think My Shrimps Up The Duff

Royster

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I have this one big fat shrimp with what looks like eggs in her tail and I'm not sure what to do, should I lift her and put her into a fry net or let her be to hide the legs in the tank ?

What type of shrimp ? What is your set up i.e. what are the other occupants ? I guess also whatis your tank set up - I am thinking is it brackish ?

Just leave them be, the chances are they'll be reproducing regularly, however if you have Amano shrimp, the eggs wont make it past the Zoa stage as they require brackish water to survive.

So I have this one big fat shrimp with what looks like eggs in her tail and I'm not sure what to do, should I lift her and put her into a fry net or let her be to hide the legs in the tank ?

Shrimplets will make it past a fry net. Just leave her be. Take some very fine netting/ladies stockings, etc and put over your filter intake(if that applies) so that the babies don't get sucked in. But, depending on the species of shrimp, they may need salt water to grow the babies. What type of shrimp do you have?

Most reactions

Back