I Need To Buy Some Ich Medication

Ilya

Fishaholic
Reaction score
It dawned to me. I don't have any medicine for my fish. And I think I see small spots on my betta (in bowl by itself). The spots are few, but look like tiny air bubbles you would see in a soda bottle. Anyhow, I am looking for Ich products.

Does this thing work?
44278100800B.jpg

http://www.petco.com/product/3261/Aquarium...Quick-Cure.aspx

That's the best one out there and also mardel coppersafe works great. You could also raise the temp and add some salt if your fish can tolerate it.Just read the directions and follow carefully. I hate ick/ich i get it everytime i add new fish.

So mardel coppersafe contains no copper? I have a community tank set up, and I can use medication in it?

It has chelated copper,The chelating agent binds with the copper making it nontoxic to fish but effective against parasites. You could use it but i suggest you remove the snails and plants if you dont want them dying.

why would you use something so drastic as copper for something so common as ich??? I would never let copper go anywhere near my tanks no matter what in case of it getting absorbed by silicone or other stuff in the tank. Anyway try a heat and salt method.....

i dont see how its safe if it effects inverts..... anyway if you already used it oh well, lets hope it kills the ich :)

My snails are as touch as nails. They survived through the whole fishless cycle! So I'm not too worried about it.

Most reactions

Back