I need help choosing a new aquarium

Not meaning to argue, but she did say preferably.

There aren’t that many tanks that will fit that tiny stand, and provide her with adequate stocking room.

For the size, the Flex 9g measurements would fit into that space nicely as the stand is the same size but circular. So would fit, just not on the biorb stand.

Edit: 15g is only slightly larger in measurements in width and depth.

Maybe just get a new tank and stand together, perhaps a small corner tank would fit in there. Aqua One UFO for example.

No idea if OP is planning or budgeted for this, all I can do is recommend certain tanks that would fit into that space.

And, it would be wise to add a square/rectangular tank on a circular stand. The integrity of the tank may be tested, which is not a smart move.

With the Edge, don't forget that both sizes have the same footprint so although the 46 litre holds more water it can only take the size sized fish as the 23 litre.
So the 46 litre tank can only have the same size fish as the 23 litre?

Not meaning to argue, but she did say preferably.

There aren’t that many tanks that will fit that tiny stand, and provide her with adequate stocking room.
For stocking I am thinking either one male Betta or livebearer small community (2 or 3 different types of livebearers) but I can’t be entirely sure until I decide on a tank

So the 46 litre tank can only have the same size fish as the 23 litre?

For the Fluval edge tanks, yes, it’s the base of the tank size that’s the same on both but the height is different is all.

The 22 would be fine for a betta though or just as a shrimp tank.

I had the 46 edge, kept 3 Kubotai micro rasboras and 3 endlers in that before I learned better (I was a newbie once!) and then kept it as a planted shrimp tank for a short while thereafter.

For the Fluval edge tanks, yes, it’s the base of the tank size that’s the same on both but the height is different is all.

The 22 would be fine for a betta though or just as a shrimp tank.

I had the 46 edge, kept 3 Kubotai micro rasboras and 3 endlers in that before I learned better (I was a newbie once!) and then kept it as a planted shrimp tank for a short while thereafter.
Ok so how many endlers could I have in the 23 litre as a species only tank ? Could guppies be kept in there ( not aswell as endlers just like as a species only tank aswell ) if so how many ? :)

Just had a thought, the Interpet half moon tank might fit on that stand, it’s only 19litres so it’s perfect for a betta perhaps?

Don’t know if that would work but an idea for inspiration!

My two tanks side by side, not back to back, but gives the idea of shape and size.

3B230B44-4D8C-4EE4-B7E7-8806703FBADA.jpegEFE37290-07A5-40D6-A37E-2857CC2201C3.jpeg

Ok so how many endlers could I have in the 23 litre as a species only tank ? Could guppies be kept in there ( not aswell as endlers just like as a species only tank aswell ) if so how many ? :)

I’d be reluctant to recommend endlers / guppies for the little 23 litre one but the larger 46l could have 3 - 5 males. Add some shrimps and snails for additional livestock and live plants, be a neat little tank.

I’d be reluctant to recommend endlers / guppies for the little 23 litre one but the larger 46l could have 3 - 5 males. Add some shrimps and snails for additional livestock and live plants, be a neat little tank.
Ok will look into that then for the 46L :)

Just had a thought, the Interpet half moon tank might fit on that stand, it’s only 19litres so it’s perfect for a betta perhaps?

Don’t know if that would work but an idea for inspiration!

My two tanks side by side, not back to back, but gives the idea of shape and size.

View attachment 117243View attachment 117244
I like the look of those but 19 litres isn’t a lot of space for a Betta if the fluval edge won’t fit on the stand then I will definitely look into these though because one will fit onto the stand I think :)

Since the stand is circular, you need to make sure that whatever tank is put on it does not overhang the stand, not even corners, or the tank could crack. It might be possible to put a rectangular/square sheet of thick wood between the stand and a tank; I'll leave it to members who know more than me about what type of wood to use.
A square top can be attached to that stand, a minimum 3/4" ply, can be edge banded to tidy it up. Wouldn't be a big job for anyone that can work with wood. And may even use offcuts so could be very cheap to do.
The aqua one aspire comes on 4 feet and if they sit on the top as is it'll be grand, though I have seen reports of them just cracking for no reason, I suspect it's the feet not all being in equal contact so it's vital to ensure there is no rocking at all.

Most reactions

Back