I need help choosing a new aquarium

Reaction score
So this is like the fourth post I have made today but there is like no information online about BiOrb tanks anyways
I had a 30L BiOrb aquarium but it has a crack that leaks and I have recently decided to replace it with another aquarium. I already have a 200L aquarium and a 25L aquarium
I am thinking over 30L but I need it to fit in this corner preferably on this stand ( the BiOrb is there now but will be moved in future) anyone have any suggestions on shapes and sizes of tanks I would appreciate it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 136
Not sure about the stand bit what about the Fluval Flex 57L that @Wells has? He won tank of the month this month with it and is a gorgeous set up -

Not sure about the stand bit what about the Fluval Flex 57L that @Wells has? He won tank of the month this month with it and is a gorgeous set up -
I like that a lot I will have a look into that thank you :)

I have an aqua one aspire 40. It's a 40cm cube that holds 55 litres. Still too small for a lot of species due to the length but has about the same footprint as the BiOrb. Only a more sensible shape. Comes with heater, light and internal filter, retails for about £140 but I found mine for £90.

There are a number of nano tanks that would fit into that space, am unsure what size you want exactly but there are different versions or sizes of the same tank.

Aqua One Nano or Aspire 30 or 40 would be quite nice, I’ve had that tank before, is a all in type tank with filtration and heater in the bank means it’s hidden from main tank space.

Fluval Edge, have had this before as well but learned there are limits on its ease of use and stocking compatibility with this tank, looks nice though.

Fluval Spec though this is only 19litres but would make a nice shrimp tank.

Tetra Aqua Art 30 or 60, half moon tank, I’ve got the 30 but not set up yet and plan to have this as a betta tank in future, looks quite nice tbh.

There are loads more and these are just the ones off the top of my head from previous experiences.

Buonasera! If you do like the look of the fluval flex it's currently on sale at maidenheadaquatics (unsure if you're UK but you used liters opposed to gallons so gonna assume)

It's a fairly decent tank and has the benefit of hiding the tech stuff in the back, would recommend especially at the sale price.

Buonasera! If you do like the look of the fluval flex it's currently on sale at maidenheadaquatics (unsure if you're UK but you used liters opposed to gallons so gonna assume)

It's a fairly decent tank and has the benefit of hiding the tech stuff in the back, would recommend especially at the sale price.
Thank you yes I am from the uk will have a look :)

Since the stand is circular, you need to make sure that whatever tank is put on it does not overhang the stand, not even corners, or the tank could crack. It might be possible to put a rectangular/square sheet of thick wood between the stand and a tank; I'll leave it to members who know more than me about what type of wood to use.

Since the stand is circular, you need to make sure that whatever tank is put on it does not overhang the stand, not even corners, or the tank could crack. It might be possible to put a rectangular/square sheet of thick wood between the stand and a tank; I'll leave it to members who know more than me about what type of wood to use.
Thank you would a fluval edge be ok as the base of the tank is smaller than the actual tank

I hadn't thought of that. Are there any other tanks which have small base under the tank?

With the Edge, don't forget that both sizes have the same footprint so although the 46 litre holds more water it can only take the size sized fish as the 23 litre.

If the corners don't overhang the circular stand........

Most reactions

Back