I Have Started A Cycle With Live Plants!

Plant 1 - Hygrophila corymbosa of some sort ?

Plant 2 - Cryptocoryne undulata

Plant 3 - Cryptocoryne parva

by the looks of them.

Plant 1 - Hygrophila corymbosa of some sort ?

Plant 2 - Cryptocoryne undulata

Plant 3 - Cryptocoryne parva

by the looks of them.

What would the method of "planting" these be tying the crypts to bog wood or something? The Hygrophilia planted in the substrate?

-

Thanks

All of those plants need planting in the substrate, they make good foreground to mid ground plants and easy ones.

All of those plants need planting in the substrate, they make good foreground to mid ground plants and easy ones.

Thanks a lot for the help :good:

I'll get to work today!

Interesting, thanks a lot of for the insight into it. I like learning the science side a lot more than just being told "it does that" sort of thing. Cheers, I completely forgot about the plants actually providing more oxygen to the bacteria, seems like the combination of both is better. What about surface agitation do any of you rely on keeping agitation low and relying on the plants releasing enough O2? Or do you still recommend agitating the surface (I'm not dosing CO2).

I've been trying to find an article I read that explained this all beautifully, but I can't find it. It wasn't on TFF.......
With regards to surface agitation. We like to provide some sufrace movement as this promotes good gas exchange and helps against potential oily proteins forming on the surface. Ripples are good but we dont want to "break" the surface and cause splashes as this will drive off CO2. This applies whether you're injecting CO2 or not.

Check Barr Report, I think, but maybe you should write an article, since you explain it pretty well, RadaR, and then we can have an article here. I would put in PARC. You know me, I like being current. :good:

Check Barr Report, I think, but maybe you should write an article, since you explain it pretty well, RadaR, and then we can have an article here. I would put in PARC. You know me, I like being current. :good:

Barr Report would be good. What I read was from Clive...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't hold myself knowledgable enough to write it about it. :)

We believe in you RadaR, you're one of the best palindromes around!

Most reactions

Back