I have money...

canyon_rayne

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Happy Valley, Utah...Otherwise known as Spanish Fo
I got a refund from the state back that I have been waiting for...$350.00...And we all know what that means!! A NEW TANK AND MORE FISH!!!

They have a 55 gallon dealie at Wal-Mart with the heater and the filter and everything and I was sontemplating getting that...

Now the only question is, what fish??

I was thinking setting up a chichlid tank...If I did get Dempseys, what else could I put in with them or so you have any other ideas??

canyon_rayne said:
I got a refund from the state back that I have been waiting for...$350.00...And we all know what that means!! A NEW TANK AND MORE FISH!!!

They have a 55 gallon dealie at Wal-Mart with the heater and the filter and everything and I was sontemplating getting that...

Now the only question is, what fish??

I was thinking setting up a chichlid tank...If I did get Dempseys, what else could I put in with them or so you have any other ideas??
I like the way you think! :lol: :lol:

We got our first tank at walmart and it is still going after 8 years! :kana:

Let us know how you spend that money that's burnin' a hole in your pocket!!! :D

good for you :flex: I would get my fish ata lfs instead of walmart. that is just my opinion. i would hate for you to have your tank setup and something wrong with your fish. you do have some good ideas. good luck and let us know when you have it setup and going. :) :p :rolleyes:

pair of jd's and o's and mybe some angels and 2 plecos or a gourami and tetra tank but still ciclids you can have alot of fun oh and some gt or fh

guppybaby said:
good for you :flex: I would get my fish ata lfs instead of walmart. that is just my opinion. i would hate for you to have your tank setup and something wrong with your fish. you do have some good ideas. good luck and let us know when you have it setup and going. :) :p :rolleyes:
OH yes, don't get the fish there, just the tank! I wouldn't get fish at walmart even if that was the last place to get them! :no: :X

Oh, no...I've only had a few fish that I've bought from Wallie World EVER live...They either die right off the bat or are the best fish you will ever have. :blink: :thumbs:

I'm gonna go to my LFS and see what they have there and if there is nothing that I likr, I'll stop by petsmart...There dempseys always look good.

most fish at my local wal-mart have a sing on the tank saying SORRY WE CAN"T COMEOUT TODAY BEACAUSE WE ARE SICK... total wast of a fishes life...

canyon_rayne said:
Oh, no...I've only had a few fish that I've bought from Wallie World EVER live...They either die right off the bat or are the best fish you will ever have.
Natural selection at work. Rough conditions weed out the normal and weak, while the ultra strong survive.

i got a pleco and a dwarf gourami from walmart and their doing pretty good my plecos been around for like 8 weeks and my gouramis been around about 5 and their pretty happy

(if you dont wanna make a fish suffer buy out walmarts whole stock and sell em to lfs's or people who might want them instead of make them stay in that place) but also if you buy that many then theyll have to get more) im thinking about getting a 20 gallon as soon as i can drive (4 more years) its like 36$ at petco... but i dont really know if i saw right because i was in a hurry

Significantly, from what I've gathered.

Also, $350 probably won't even make a dent in what it would cost to start most saltwater tanks. I could be wrong.

Bol said:
Significantly, from what I've gathered.

Also, $350 probably won't even make a dent in what it would cost to start most saltwater tanks. I could be wrong.
I agree..........but it is a start! I just started a SW again after 6 years, and it isn't as hard as I remember. It is worth the extra effort. Having said that, I am not sure which tank is my favorite......I really love my neons and the like. Go figure!!! :dunno:

st.cichlid said:
pair of jd's and o's and mybe some angels and 2 plecos or a gourami and tetra tank but still ciclids you can have alot of fun oh and some gt or fh
Ahh, the Angels would be dead pretty quick and that tank is only big enough for one Oscar or two Dempseys let alone two of each :crazy: .

Most reactions

Back