I Have Eggs

michellebradford

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
my blue rams have laid eggs in my coumminty tank do u think the eggs will have a better chance if i turn the lights of my tank off?

cant see it making any difference to the eggs.....just seperate the eggs when they hatch but if you cant turn the lights off when they hatch,but they are still likely to be eaten if not seperated.....

when they hatch i was going to put them into a floating tank inside my main tank as thats all ive got at the mo, so i just leave the eggs where they are at the mo , yes?

yep.iv never bred rams but have a experience with other cichlids.leave until they hatch and if you can,until free swimming...i trust the breeding trap has a lid,,so put some gravel in it to sink it.just saves alot of stress...

just seperate the eggs when they hatch

Don't the parents take care of the babies though?

And How did your rams act before spawning michellebradford? And how big are they. I don't know if mine are going to breed, but they have been actiing wierd lately

they do take care of them,but what youll find is that the fry dissapear slowly,other fish eating them when their sleeping...in the end theyl just eat them...better safe than sorry... :)
and to "Bleachme" the pearents will probalbly change colour slightly and start to clean a rock or other surface..you may see the perants bodys "twitch". the male may try and start to dig small pits around his territory...

they do take care of them,but what youll find is that the fry dissapear slowly,other fish eating them when their sleeping...in the end theyl just eat them...better safe than sorry... :)
and to "Bleachme" the pearents will probalbly change colour slightly and start to clean a rock or other surface..you may see the perants bodys "twitch". the male may try and start to dig small pits around his territory...

ok well decided not to seperate the eggs this time and leave them to c what happened, that may of been a mistake, i now have no eggs or babies :rip:

but they seam to of moved to another sopt and are now digging and cleaning again so it may not be long b4 we can have another go, and this time we will remove the eggs!!

Just curious. Estimate... how big are your rams. Mine are kinda small but began spawning too?

Just curious. Estimate... how big are your rams. Mine are kinda small but began spawning too?

there about the size of an old 50p

You need to get them out of a community tank as other fish will eat the eggs. I haven't heard of anyone getting away with leaving them in a community tank. Put them in a smaller tank after they lay the eggs.

Most reactions

Back