I Have Babies :wub:

woodie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
4 of my female guppies looked very pregnant so i popped each of them into my 1 gallon breeding tanks and this monring one has given birth (around 40 babies) and the other three look like its going to be very soon

i love guppie babies :wub:

congrats! do you have one male with all of them or more than one? I always thought it would be cool to have more than one male with some females as it would provide some surprise in finding out what the male babies will look like once theyve grown rather than being able to predict what they look like based on the one male situation that I have.

Congratulations Woodie! :-

Somethings Fishy Here - Yeah, having more then one male does add an element of interest. But you need to remember, once one female mates with a male, she may be storing sperm and having his babies for 7 more months after that! :p

Congratulations. :cake:

Even if you only have one male you can get a lot of variation in the fry as you can get throw-backs from grandparents, great grandparents etc.

Congratulations Woodie! :-

Somethings Fishy Here - Yeah, having more then one male does add an element of interest. But you need to remember, once one female mates with a male, she may be storing sperm and having his babies for 7 more months after that! :p

Yes good point... and that adds even more surprise to it haha :lol:

Most reactions

Back