i have a problem

myfisheatyours

Reaction score
ok so for the pass two days now I've come hom finding a dead minow who's take has been caught in the filter, how do i solve this, and i don't want tro just throw the dea dguy out so i fed them to my tigerfish which is not good because i hear you're suppose to dfeed only 1 minow per 2-3 days, I've fed him one yesturday and one today, they were both dead. what do i do with my filter to make it safer for my fish.
Look, what is wrong with the minow, the filter did it...
deadminow29yo.jpg

not sure, only had these guys for 4 days now. And they'r eonly feeder's but i want them to be live prey for my tigerfish

myfisheatyours said:
not sure, only had these guys for 4 days now. And they'r eonly feeder's but i want them to be live prey for my tigerfish
[snapback]913156[/snapback]​

My bridget rasboras used to take trips inside my power filter. I solved this problem by removing the net from a fishnet and attaching it to the uptake tube of the filter with rubber bands. It slows the uptake just enough that the rasboras can get away, no more trips to the filter. Pantyhose would probably have the same affect, but I like the larger holes of the fishnet, as I have live plants and need larger particles to be able to go up the uptake tube without taking up bridget rasboras. Hope this suggestion helps.

How long has the tank been set up? Have you any recent test results for ammonia, nitrates and nitrites? Do you know about cycling tanks and how do you go about cleaning your filter out and how often? Do you use dechlorinator?

Tokis-Phoenix said:
How long has the tank been set up? Have you any recent test results for ammonia, nitrates and nitrites? Do you know about cycling tanks and how do you go about cleaning your filter out and how often? Do you use dechlorinator?
[snapback]913221[/snapback]​
These are just feeder fish and so i decided to let the tank cycle for just about 30 minutes before putting the minows in there, i use stress coat and stress zyme with some other stuff to keep the tank clean and non smelly. I use the same for my other tank except i let that one cycle for about two weeks

Most reactions

Back