I Got New Fish

noshybabs

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
To day i got myself 4 female swordtails and two "golden loach"

Im not sure what these golden loach are but they look more like some sort of albino otto, rather that a loach.

I also have what i though what a silver sword tail, but now its settled in it actually looks transparent :) Ive never seen these before

I have a golden loach, goldie. Very cool fish. He is lazy though, he lays with my other day in and day out in the grass. The y are weather loaches.

I have a golden loach, goldie. Very cool fish. He is lazy though, he lays with my other day in and day out in the grass. The y are weather loaches.

What sort of size do they get to, i have one thats just short of 2" and one thats about an 1"

They get around 5 or 7 inches. They like 2 or 3 of them together.

Yea and someone might want to mention they are not albino. Good lookin fish, I've seen them in local petstores and such.

Im not sure what these golden loach are but they look more like some sort of albino otto, rather that a loach.

I also have what i though what a silver sword tail, but now its settled in it actually looks transparent :) Ive never seen these before
Does it look like this ?
01algaeeateralbinorb6.jpg

I've Never heard of a silver swordtail..... But i have heard of a neon one which is see-through...
neonswordtailkv9.jpg

If it is a golden chinese algae eater than u are in for some trouble. Expecially since u got two! They are extreamly aggresive. You will need to take them back. And they also get a foot long. ( only if this is the albino/golden chinese alage eater.)

Got kinda carried away with the albino part there is also a golden CAE
goldalgaeeaterpcba8.jpg

Edited to avoid another post...

yes you are in trouble but it wont grow a foot long, Most only grow to 10 Inches :lol:

And there normally only aggressive when they get older I brought mine a 2 years ago and they are not much bigger very slow grower, But watch them with angelfish and all compressed And depressed fish

Is this it.

I didn't know this: "In England, a permit is required to sell or keep "Weather Loaches", but the species actually listed is Misgurnis fossilis, a European species." Is this true?

Yes golden loaches are the second ones pictured in that link you gave there sic.

Does it look like this ?
01algaeeateralbinorb6.jpg

I've Never heard of a silver swordtail..... But i have heard of a neon one which is see-through...
neonswordtailkv9.jpg

yup, albino algea eater it is, there very very small at the min, and it is a neon sword by the look of it.

I bought them because i want to bread them, mainly to fill the tanks i plan to have stroon around the house, and maybe to trade. One of the orange and black one is already up the duff :eek:)

How do the volour variasions work? the male i have is pinapple

Got kinda carried away with the albino part there is also a golden CAE
goldalgaeeaterpcba8.jpg

Edited to avoid another post...

yes you are in trouble but it wont grow a foot long, Most only grow to 10 Inches :lol:

And there normally only aggressive when they get older I brought mine a 2 years ago and they are not much bigger very slow grower, But watch them with angelfish and all compressed And depressed fish

Oh hahaha

Well I was told that they reach 12 inches. That is very close to 10 inches so either of us could be right. I have one also. They are very aggresive. They stress out ur fish. Stress can cause death. I would not recamend this fish. Because of its aggresiveness, my albino chinese algae eater is housed currently in the hospital tank so it will not cause anymore troubles. I need to either get it a new tank, or trade it in to the lfs. It can take out the eyes of corys. It killed my panda cory which was my favorite fish. It will suck the sides of gouramis and angel fish. It is also bad with platys. The only fish that I have found compatible is yoyo loaches.

I really dont were think we could be talking about the same fish, They had like a 100 of them togehter in the same tank at the FS and they seem calm, Untill he tried to grab a couple.

Ive hade these a long time ago. for about a year and they grew to about 2" and then seemed to stay, i had to leave them with my ex thought so i cant say after that. They look more like an otto tham a loach, down turned suckling mouth, much like the otto or pleco, but longer and thinner, and althoughthe look albino i can see why there called golden. There eyes are blan and not pink

Most reactions

Back