I Found A New Type Of Setup

guidedbyechoes

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Ok I was in my LFS for a few minutes(during my lunch break) and I saw a new setup that started with an r. It was like a paludarium(sp) but it didn't have land it was a large peice of driftwood and plants that had their roots in a sort of holder but the stems and such outside of the water. It was stocked with two pearl gouramis which were amazing. Anyone else know anything about this sort of setup?

Ok I was in my LFS for a few minutes(during my lunch break) and I saw a new setup that started with an r. It was like a paludarium(sp) but it didn't have land it was a large peice of driftwood and plants that had their roots in a sort of holder but the stems and such outside of the water. It was stocked with two pearl gouramis which were amazing. Anyone else know anything about this sort of setup?
already been done...check UKAPS out for more details, i know i shouldnt advertise other forums, but thats where youre going to find the info

already been done...check UKAPS out for more details, i know i shouldnt advertise other forums, but thats where youre going to find the info

It was new to me haha

That Type of setup is called a riparium

im not quite 100 percent on what it is...... i have 3 of em ... cam under the name of pseudo... :( not v helpfull

thort it was a blue zebra pseudo

im not quite 100 percent on what it is...... i have 3 of em ... cam under the name of pseudo... :( not v helpfull

It's a young Metriaclima callainos, they're sometimes marketed as Pseudotropheus zebra (don't know why though).

It's a young Metriaclima callainos, they're sometimes marketed as Pseudotropheus zebra (don't know why though).

So it will grow up most likely to look similar to the fish in my avatar. the socolofi

So it will grow up most likely to look similar to the fish in my avatar. the socolofi

They're somewhat similar looking, no black their dorsal fin and they are a bit bulkier.

Most reactions

Back