I Don't Have A Betta!

I've thought of filling my 20 gallon up with different colored female bettas but honestly I've had to wonder if the males are SO inactive most of the time how different can a female be?

I've thought of filling my 20 gallon up with different colored female bettas but honestly I've had to wonder if the males are SO inactive most of the time how different can a female be?

I actually think the females are more interesting too :good: .

I used to have 2 male betta's in the past (not in the same tank or at the same time BTW), nice pretty fish, but i wouldn't bother with them anytime soon again. I can see the appeal of betta's though (only need a small tank, cheap to look after, very pretty etc) but i've never been massively into them or anything like that.

i'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with me! i don't have a Betta!!! am i the only person in the world who doesn't? do i need to see someone about this? will i be ok? please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
yes your abnormal go buy a betta :rofl
Definitely abbynormal !

YoungFrankenstein.jpg

I have 12 bettas :)
lol i think that makes me too normal then?
lol nuh i was attempting to breed show bettas but now im sick of them!

Go wear 20lbs of heavy duty winter weather gear and see just how fast you move about.

Males are 'lazy' because their long fins aren't meant for fast swimming. They tire easily because of the weight of their fins. Females, on the other hand, are just like any other fish. In fact, I've found that female betta are as active, if not more so, than other smaller fish.

Well as you can tell from my sig i have bettas and lots of them. I must admit that alot of the time they are fairly inactive but as has been said there is a reason for that and if you was to have a short finned betta you would see the difference plus there is something about the little war dance wiggle that makes the lazy days worthwile. Females are great, they are alot more active and i would even say playful and interactive. i spend more time with my girls. Wilds are also great, not as amazing to look at but very beautifal in there own right and they can be funny little buggers.

But any way back to the topic, no your not abnormal at all. Lots of people can't stand Bettas it just depends on your personal opinion. Lots of people have them in a community because of the colour and this is usually why they die quickly and why people are put off. I say if you want one get one, give it a go and see what you think, if you don't then, well, don't lol.

Definitely abbynormal !

Haha! I had not thought of that movie in years! Thanks for reminding me.... I just may go watch it again now. :good:

Go wear 20lbs of heavy duty winter weather gear and see just how fast you move about.

Males are 'lazy' because their long fins aren't meant for fast swimming. They tire easily because of the weight of their fins. Females, on the other hand, are just like any other fish. In fact, I've found that female betta are as active, if not more so, than other smaller fish.

Well I never said they were "lazy" but since you put it that way I do see your point. Maybe I'll rethink that sorority tank then. :good:

Nothing wrong with not liking or owning a betta lol.
I currently own 6 and couldn't be happier with them! They're beautiful fish with great personalities (unlike what some think apparently).
But it's all just a matter of personal opinion :D

Personally i think the people who do keep bettas are the abnormal ones, they're all a bunch of fruit cakes giving their fish names and talking about them as if they are people not fish.

I dont have a betta and i wouldnt have one even if it were gold plated and free.

Personally i think the people who do keep bettas are the abnormal ones, they're all a bunch of fruit cakes giving their fish names and talking about them as if they are people not fish.

I dont have a betta and i wouldnt have one even if it were gold plated and free.

:rofl:

Yeah there seem to be some like that. I'm sorry but when I see threads labelled as "my boys" or "my girlies" referring to bettas it makes me cringe :lol:

As you can probably tell I have never had a betta :rolleyes: Don't plan to anyway, poor things with those massive great tails (apart from plakats and wild types I know)

Don't be so hasty passing up the gold plated betta. Just think how much money you could make selling the him to one of the betta freaks... one of them would fall in love with him and just have to have him at any price!

I do have a Betta, it was my first step into tropical fish, but i don't think i would have another... I want his tank for breeding shrimp in :lol:

Nope, no Bettas here either! (I have a Plec addiction though) I like them, but not enough to own one so I just browse the Betta forum now and then, admire the pretty fish and go buy another plec...

Lol... booooo nothing wrong with naming your fish! heh :nod:

I had a betta in a 5 gallon hex, thought it was the most boring fish in the world, so I gave it to my sister and bought a Senegal Bichir for my 30 gallon tall. Much cooler.

So no, you're not very abnormal, your just as sane as all of us.

Not sure if that's a good thing, though! ;)

Cheers,
GobyMaster

Most reactions

Back