I Don't Have A Betta!

To be frank, I think all other fish are redundant and boring.
But hey, at least I don't name mine "Lovecakes" or "Mr. Bigglesworth"
(though I may take that last one.. hm.)

Never owned one, never wanted to. I don't name fish either, though I do name tanks, rather All-Glass does for me. I just picked up three 5.5 gallon Stephanies last week, hatching tanks.

Never owned one, never wanted to. I don't name fish either, though I do name tanks, rather All-Glass does for me. I just picked up three 5.5 gallon Stephanies last week, hatching tanks.

You mean on the bottom, where it says "made by ___"?
I should do this, It's confusing saying "no, the OTHER 10 gallon!"

Nothing wrong with owning bettas or not owning them. I have bettas and I love them dearly. However it doesn't make me rule out other fish as pets. I still love my danios and barbs but my bettas have more personality than them. And I can tell my bettas apart so thats why they have names. But nothing cutesy like Snuggles or anything.

BTW I personally call my bettas "my boys" because as of current they are my kids as I am having problems trying to have human kids. Try to not be so quick to vomit ;D

The reason I dont own a betta is because we put food in our food processor and its not very hygenic mixing fish and food stuffs together.

Personally i think the people who do keep bettas are the abnormal ones, they're all a bunch of fruit cakes giving their fish names and talking about them as if they are people not fish.

I dont have a betta and i wouldnt have one even if it were gold plated and free.
does this have to be some kind of weird on weird contest, as people have said nobody is weird for having, or not having any sort of fish, nevermind what kind it is, and so long as the fish are happy and the owners I don't see the problem or why anybody has to 'take sides' it's silly.

I must say I find them to be very boring, good to look at but not fun to keep imo...I gave up naming my fish when I was 7 :unsure:

Personally i think the people who do keep bettas are the abnormal ones, they're all a bunch of fruit cakes giving their fish names and talking about them as if they are people not fish.

I dont have a betta and i wouldnt have one even if it were gold plated and free.
does this have to be some kind of weird on weird contest, as people have said nobody is weird for having, or not having any sort of fish, nevermind what kind it is, and so long as the fish are happy and the owners I don't see the problem or why anybody has to 'take sides' it's silly.

Calm down it's only a bit of fun, really :rolleyes:

Why do people have to take things so seriously the whole time

[/quote]

Calm down it's only a bit of fun, really :rolleyes:

Why do people have to take things so seriously the whole time
[/quote]
lol i'm not het up, but i know that a lot of the betta owners on here take things very much to heart, and i think it's just silly pointing fingers and calling anybody weird.

I'm open minded on it, and I don't hold any grudge to anyone not liking bettas, it's personal preference, such as personally I've decided neon tetra are rubbish fish, as they never do anything lol....
I personally would like to experience a wide variety of fish before deciding that I don't like some, even after not ever owning one, of that makes sense....sorry if I seemed over angry or something :crazy: just didn't want anyone else thinking it was an all out betta owner beat up.... :good:

i started this thread and it was just a bit of fun, nothing more sinister and most people have treated it as such(thanks to you all!!) so no need for taking sides!!!!

i started this thread and it was just a bit of fun, nothing more sinister and most people have treated it as such(thanks to you all!!) so no need for taking sides!!!!
ay, its a forum, members post what they want to, even if it doesn't make everyone happy :/

No, you're definitely not abnormal. I went through a "betta lover" phase and now I am SO glad I never bred them or anything. To be totally honest, there are way better fish out there in this world which have 10x more personality than a betta could have. Right now, I only have 2 left of my original 5 and I am hoping to give one away and just keep one for myself.
...hey, some of us might just take offence to that... Where do you live? I might be interested in taking the beta off your hands.

Most reactions

Back