How To Safely Anchor My Wood Decor?

Easy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I found some cool sticks I wanted to add to my very plain tank. I boiled the sticks to get rid of the nasties but the sticks float. My question is what material can I use as an anchor for the sticks that is safe for the fish??? Thanks!

it is but if you want to do it quick. drill a whole in the bottom bit of the wood and attach a thin bit of slate (to each base bit) put the slate under the substrate. problem solved :good:

leaving them alone would be in water. :good:

Not always, depends on the type of wood.

You could try attaching it to a section of acrylic/plastic with silicone or glue then bury the 'plate' bit in the substrate to anchor it.

Not always, depends on the type of wood.

You could try attaching it to a section of acrylic/plastic with silicone or glue then bury the 'plate' bit in the substrate to anchor it.
acrylic floats as well. wouldn't help at all slates better (then its moveable) if the hole is small and low in base of the wood (he said it was stick like) the substrate will hide it :good:

Is their anything around the house I might use? Lead fishing weight would be a bad idea? Is there something else small and heavy that is fish safe that I could possibly use fishing line to anchor with?

Is their anything around the house I might use? Lead fishing weight would be a bad idea? Is there something else small and heavy that is fish safe that I could possibly use fishing line to anchor with?
flat rocks which dont bubble with vinger? just wash/ clean them. id say no to lead to be honest. if you have a bit of steel sheet that might do it. but it will rust. your better off with slate/ other flat rocks :good: clay plant pots? if your carefull how you break them (to make them flat. and how you drill it)

flat rocks which dont bubble with vinger? just wash/ clean them. id say no to lead to be honest. if you have a bit of steel sheet that might do it. but it will rust. your better off with slate/ other flat rocks :good: clay plant pots? if your carefull how you break them (to make them flat. and how you drill it)
I like this idea as I wanted to add some rock as well. So is that the test, vinegar? Is there anything else to be worried abut with rocks besides bubbling vinegar?

I like this idea as I wanted to add some rock as well. So is that the test, vinegar? Is there anything else to be worried abut with rocks besides bubbling vinegar?
not that i know of. but read up a little there might be something :unsure:

Most reactions

Back