How To Euthanize... :(

jc, im sorry. but if you read my post, you would realize i was joking around with you. i apologized for being brash in my earlier post and was just trying to add levity to this weird conversation. im sorry if you are unable to get over things. and just to add, you never did come up with a quick painless way to euthenize.
I would use clove oil. Even though steelhealr is saying it's not acceptable according to whoever.

Oil of cloves is 'imiscible' with water, that is, it is an OIL and as such, does not dissolve in water nor penetrate tissues rapidly or efficiently. It is a topical anesthetic predominantly (numbs surfaces) and is not PROVEN to bring on unconsciousness, one of the mainstays of a humane euthanasia. It has fallen out of favor. Just my final comment on this thread.

Again, choose what is most easily available to you and considered most humane; feel comfortable with it; be expedient-- try not to keep the fish out of water for a prolonged period prior to euthanizing. Good luck. SH

so your saying someone beating you slowly to death is the quickest and easiest method?

hey sam.

Its the method i use and as i stated in a previous post, i have never had one fish recover from it. I leave the fish in water for at least 1 hour after to make sure it isnt stunned and monitor gill movement.

Its the way i am comfortable with and works for me.

Most reactions

Back