How To Convert ('c - 'f)

lol bit better than my "double it and add 30" but that has served me well for many years!! thanks stef30
It's '32'!!! YN

For the common tropical range, 'double it and add 30' tends to over estimate, add 32 would over estimate more so not a good idea.

For the common tropical range, 'double it and add 30' tends to over estimate, add 32 would over estimate more so not a good idea.

oh yes very true, its just a rule of thumb that has served me well for many years. being as most thermometers have both, readings, setting the right temp is not much problem, this rule just allows me to, roughly work out, if something is within the range i can keep. lol though the use i give it most is just to work out how warm it is going to be tomorrow, when i am at work! as for how incorrect it is, this i know so, being aware of roughly how much the over estimate is, i have learned to do this automatically, so i would guess to within 2 or three degrees. as i say "ball park" but good enough for most things.

Actually it works much better if you -

double it.
subtract 10%
Add 32
= F

It works between 0-100C and probably ad in finitum.

Seriously though, is anyone ever in a position where they absolutely have to convert the temperature there and then and cannot get to anything that will till them correctly?

Seriously though, is anyone ever in a position where they absolutely have to convert the temperature there and then and cannot get to anything that will till them correctly?

that is my point, if you need to be accurate, you just need to look at a thermometer!

Most reactions

Back