How Small!

BOD

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Im sorry but this is just beyond belief, its got to stop somewhere...look at the picture where the fish is in the tank! :X

Office

edit - and what the hells a terra?

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
And it's a goldfish as well - oh well, what can we do? terra is meant to be 'tetra' (probably) :p

yea i know...the tetra thing...whoever selling it is just dumb cos its says tetra on the packet! its not even big enough for one tetra!

My uncle bought one for me as a joke...

He told me he found a big tank for me that one of his friends was getting ride of, and he said he owuld bring it over. When he got here, we walked out to his truck and that was sitting in the bed. lol

Josh

Well I got a response to the question I asked the seller of the original item asking them whether they were aware how unsuitable the "tank" is for the fish they have listed...

Perhaps you'd like to talk to the manufacturers then. These are sold at retailers throughout the country and provide just as much space as your bog standard goldfish bowl. The fish listed have been taken off the back of the box, I know nothing about fish, but I do know people have put goldfish in similar things for the past 50 years.

:grr:

obviously he knows nothing about lil fishies, or else he would know that the poor things wouldnt last 5 mins in it!!!!! some people can be really arrogant!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sly:

Sure we, as people who care about fish, can do something about this?

What is involved in getting a product banned for reasons that it is cruel?

If I am not mistaken, has the selling of bettas with peace lilies not been banned?

Who do we contact and work with to get these sorts of things prohibited?

The aqua baby is another product that comes to mind. There is the wall mounted living picture things...

How do we start a campaign to rid the world (or our part of it at least) of this kind of cruelty?

Perhaps animal welfare might be able to do something but I'm not sure!

Thats who my dad suggested when I was on about the fish that had been dyed!

I asked the retailer of the scooby doo gumball betta tank and this was her reply

Response from bucsgirl0128
Item: SCOOBY DOO BETTA BOWL! GREAT KID'S GIFT! UNIQUE GIFT!! (7737298716)
This message was sent while the listing was active.
bucsgirl0128 is the seller.

I've been making these gumballs for 4 years now. They do very well in this bowl. A betta doesnt k=need much space like other fish. Bettas have lungs so they come up for air. as long as there is an half inch of space between the lid and the water level you are fine. The avd life span of a betta is 2-3 years. My customers have had some of their bettas longer than that is this cute gumball! feel free to ask any more questions you like. thanks for your interest.

id say animal welfare needs to be informed!!!!! most def!!!!! and this woman knows loadsa info bout the poor lil fishies!!! she needs to put in one of her lil gumball things see if she can survive with half an inch of air!!!! :sly:

Most reactions

Back