How often do YOU do a water change?

My 20g gets a 25% water change once a week. I have a AquaClear 50/200 running on it. My 1g betta tanks gets 100% water change once a week..no filter.

bloozoo2 said:
Wow - that must like your job or something. Sounds as though you're cleaning tanks 27/7 :S
Boy, Could I ever use those extra 3 hours a day you have. :lol:

I have 4 tanks running and do a water change of about 20% every week. I hope to have fish in my 75 gallon by tomorrow night. I use a python for the 29 gallon and will also use it on th 75 gallon. I use a regular syphon or even just a cup to empty the 5 gallon and 2.5 gallon tanks.

4 tanks from 15 to 125 and they get 25-30% changed every 7 days.
Filters - 2 underwater filters in each plus a twin foam filter in two of the larger one.

8 tanks all get 25% water change every week

Fluval internal filters on all of them get the foam inserts squeezed out in syhphoned off tank water once a month or before that if they clog up.

Betta fry tanks get 50% water change every day

Beanie grow outs get 100% water change every other day

Hard work, but I love how the fish show enhanced colours after a water change and the tanks look so much better :D

I do a 20% water change once every week on my tank.

20% once a week on all tanks except the kids 2 5g tanks, they get 50% each week. I was doing 10% each week, but after another thread on this exact subject a few days ago, I am going with the bigger change :D I do the three tanks downstairs one day and the three upstairs the next (my arms get tired with all the buckets, wish I had a python)

Jon

I change, about 8 gallons a week out my 45 gallon tank.
I would like to do more but i have to fit in water changes for the reef as well.

I've got 8 tanks, from 5 gallons to 30 gallons. All of them have Aquaclears, or Whisper filters that hang on the back, except for a 10 Gallon that has an internal Whisper filter. They all get 25-50% water changes once a week. :thumbs:

Once a week, 25-30%

I have a few tanks:

Female betta tanks:
10 Gallon - sorta finishing up cycling on it now. Every night I test levels and when anything's elevated I do a 20% change
(1) 1/2G hospital tank - 100% w/c every day - no filtration

The rest of my tanks have male bettas:
(4) 2.5G tanks - 100% w/c every 3rd day - no filtration
(2) 1G tanks - 100% w/c every other day - no filtration
(1) 2G tank - 100% w/c every 3rd day - no filtration

same as me nearlly littlefishie i do a 25% on my 20gal and 10% on my 20gal with 2 bettas in it

Most reactions

Back