How often do you check your fishes are OK?

i haven't actually gt to many fish to keep count of, apart from finding all the crabs, like on sunday i thought 1 of the crabs had died after molting but 2 of the crabs had molted and i couldn't see the 3rd crab!!

when i get my pc up and running again i'll be looking at the monitor then turning aorund to admire the tanks!!

loads :D

I tend to check them over casually every evening and depending on time available will sit and chill by the tank really watching them every over day at least. :fun:

Any odd behaviour, strangeness, pregnancies, deaths, wounds etc get extra attention until resolved.

i don't have to count them. I just watch them all feed. I know their there becuase thy all goto the surface, even my neons eat off the top now.

My fish are right next to my desk, (I work from home) so I see them all day everyday except when I'm out lol :)

Feeding time is when I always get up close and personal, and will spend 30 to 40mins watching them feeding :)

Tonight was the first time I've ever noticed a problem - one of them seems to have something up with it's swim bladder :( (posted in emergancies)

However, our tank directly replaces the tv - fish are watched way more than the box, especially after our new editions of some cory's (2 pandas 2 bronze 2 pepper) :)

We love out fish, and just tonight we've been talking about how we are actually really attatched to them, much like a cat or a dog - also about how much they can at times empty ones wallet :S - still :) They're a complete pleasure :) :wub:

Tim

I do a check for my bristlenoses and albino shark everyday, cos they hide, dont know why tho, there is nothing in the tank big enuf to eat them.

I look at my fish countless (well, I suppose you could count the times if you *wanted* to) times a day. The tank is at the edge of the living room, near the door to the kitchen, so I walk past it quite a few times each day. Depending on what I'm doing when I'm walking by, I'll stop and look at 'em for a few seconds or minutes, if I have time. I do a "roll call" at least once a day, usually more.

Been watching more than usual the last couple days, as I added new fish on Monday :) Got two Kuhli Loaches and another Pepper Cory, as well as a Giant Vallisneria. The Otos love sitting on the Giant Val. The Kuhlis are fun to watch and are something new. As always, the Corys are enjoyable to watch and the Neons are neat, too. They've started coming up to the top of the tank when they see me coming with food :) I think I'm going to get more Neons, and another Khuli, on Monday :nod:

Pamela
aka Married Lizard :wub:

I looks at my fish numerous times everyday, if i'm on my way upstairs, i'll have a quick peek in to make sure all is right, if i'm making an extremly dull phone call, i'll check on the fish while i speak.

Everyday i make sure i see the farlowella, since it's so small i have to make sure it's getting it's food

:)

twice a day , i dont get a choice,my son freaks out if he cant count all the fish in the morning or before bed,and serch for spiky the bristlenose :D

Call me paranoid but I am constantly checking that the fish are OK....I am sure they think "Lets pretend to be dead to really freak her out" :p

I check them first thing in the a.m. which is hard since it is dark when I get up and go to work (6am)....I have to squint at the tank as I don't want to turn the light on that early. Though they are awake anyways.

Today I had a fishie death and so for the next few days I will be more paranoid than normal just in case any other fish decide to leave thie world!!!

I do a quick look in for any problems first thing (quick glance that the fish are there, and that the temp looks OK)...

Emma (wife) checks it throughout the day as she walks past (and is currently on mum-watch as we have a two pregnant Mollies due any day and a Platy that was popping them out last night :D :rolleyes: )

..in the evening, it has replaced the TV for entertainment value........and we just sit there and watch it all interacting.......

We normally do a quick count of the fish......although we don't count the Molly fry as they won't stay still.........

.......we do look out for a couple of favourites though (one with Zebra stripes, a pure white one and a little runt with a deformed tail..... :-( )..........

Not as often as I should, though I do a quick look for dead fish every day or so. Normally I just feed them and keep an eye out for anything immeadiately odd.

I do a quick head count every morning when I wake up (my main community is next to my bed) so I see any dead fish. I watch my beloved Corys for about an hour every night. :wub:

I check on my fish every day. I check on them before I go to school, and I check on them when I come home. I check on them from time to time, postponing my homework to check on them. If I'm sleeping in the middle of the night and I wake up to go to the bathroom. I check on them at that time too. I love my fish, especially my betta. :wub: :nod: :D

Most reactions

Back