How Much Ammonia?

TekFish

Fish Addict
Reaction score
How much ammonia should I add to bring a 200l tank to 2-3ppm?

At the top of this screen, in the menu bar, is a link called "Calculator". One of the things it can calculate for you is how much ammonia to put in.

I believe there is a calculator for this in the forum's calculator tab, you also need to keep in mind the displaced water from decorations, substrate, etc before poking in the full capacity of the tank.

Thanks guys, we found this site, must have been rubbish, that said half a cup so we did and as you can imagine Ammonia is OFF THE CHART.
Thanks for clearing that up. Does anyone know if PondPure works? It's this stuff that has live bacteria or something in.

TekFish :good:

bought it when we first got problems with ammonia - its basically done nothing as far as i ca tell... (you mean the little ball things you put inside the filter right?)

i was putting in 13ml of ammonia in a 300 litre tank to take mine to 4-5 ppm.

cheers

chubbs

bought it when we first got problems with ammonia - its basically done nothing as far as i ca tell... (you mean the little ball things you put inside the filter right?)

Yeah the little ball things.
Don't know if it works or not we had had it in for 3 days and the thing went down from off the chart high, to 0.6 so I'm inclined to say it works.
But anyway just had nitrite spike and that's going down now, 110 ppm of nitrates as well. So a week or two and fishies be coming.

Thanks for answering all the questions I posted.
TekFish :good:

Most reactions

Back