How Much Ammonia

angelfishguy

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i got ammonia finaly 1 litre of household ammonia,,
how much should i use for 420 litres at 9.5 percent..
any ideas??

There is a section at the bottom of the Aquarium Calculator that helps you work out how much ammonia to use based on the required amount, % of ammonia in the bottle and the volume of your tank. I would use it as a guideline tho. Add the suggested amount, wait for it to circulate round the tank (roughly 30mins) and then test to make sure the amount is correct.

yup the calculater should sort you out, it should be around 20ml per day

There is a section at the bottom of the Aquarium Calculator that helps you work out how much ammonia to use based on the required amount, % of ammonia in the bottle and the volume of your tank. I would use it as a guideline tho. Add the suggested amount, wait for it to circulate round the tank (roughly 30mins) and then test to make sure the amount is correct.
Yes, I agree with this. The calculator is a way to start (don't forget to write down your "ml" amounts you're trying so you can improve on them next time and finally know what's best for your tank) but the 30min test result Bob mentions is your real goal. The "9.5%" can be just wrong and the ammonia is volatile, so the concentration will start to change as soon as you uncap it.

~~waterdrop~~

You could quickly work it out yourself Angelfishguy. Think of it this way there are 1000 ml in a litre and a 9.5 % solution is about the asme as 10%. If you multiply .1 by .001 you get 100 ppm. That is what a ml in one litre would give you. You want about 1/20 of that to get to 5 ppm. If you had a 20 litre tank it would taike about 1 ml to get your desired concentration. If you have 100 litres, it would take about 5 ml and so on. Since the concentration of ammonia in the bottle goes down constantly over time, the concentration stated on the outside is already farther off than this way of calculating and this is so easy that a 10 year old could do it in their head. Don't get too tied up in the calculations, just trust yourself to get it right. What id 420 divided by 20? I get 21ml so I would add 15 ml and test to check my calculations.

You could quickly work it out yourself Angelfishguy. Think of it this way there are 1000 ml in a litre and a 9.5 % solution is about the asme as 10%. If you multiply .1 by .001 you get 100 ppm. That is what a ml in one litre would give you. You want about 1/20 of that to get to 5 ppm. If you had a 20 litre tank it would taike about 1 ml to get your desired concentration. If you have 100 litres, it would take about 5 ml and so on. Since the concentration of ammonia in the bottle goes down constantly over time, the concentration stated on the outside is already farther off than this way of calculating and this is so easy that a 10 year old could do it in their head. Don't get too tied up in the calculations, just trust yourself to get it right. What id 420 divided by 20? I get 21ml so I would add 15 ml and test to check my calculations.

yeah that what i got too, thanks

Most reactions

Back