How Many People Have Reptiles

I've got a pet royal python, imaginatively given the name 'Monty' by my uncle. Last measurement was 58" give or take (quite hard to measure a snake as some of you will know :p)

Monty on my bed
bed3.jpg

Poor picture but trying to give an idea of scale next to an A4 paper pad and iPod.
bed1.jpg

PS. the newts do look good - very vivid colours.

I've got a pet royal python, imaginatively given the name 'Monty' by my uncle. Last measurement was 58" give or take (quite hard to measure a snake as some of you will know :p)

Monty on my bed
bed3.jpg

Poor picture but trying to give an idea of scale next to an A4 paper pad and iPod.
bed1.jpg

Shroob hes a monster Royal, is it a male or a female cos they reckon males max out at 42-48 inch!! hes lovelyhope mine grows that big!!! how old ishe now

Monty on my bed
bed3.jpg

bed1.jpg

Shroob hes a monster Royal, is it a male or a female cos they reckon males max out at 42-48 inch!! hes lovelyhope mine grows that big!!! how old ishe now

Funny you should ask that, I was always under the impression it was a male, for some reason I remember the shop owner telling me that when I bought it (around 9/10 years ago now - was a juvi when I got it - so I would say age 9/10 years old as well). However just 2 days ago I was buying more rats for it and happened to go into a new shop where that owner asked me what they were for, and when I mentioned my royal's size he was gobsmacked and said got to be female at that size. I'm not confident going by the spurs and I'm in no rush for her/him to be probed. In all likelyness its probably a female just due to the size, and for some reason I've got it stuck in my head that its male for some reason.

we have a breeding pair of bearded dragons (1st clutch of eggs laid couple weeks ago all 17 looking healthy :good: next clutch coming in a couple weeks time )

1 Tortoise horsefield i think it is.

Most reactions

Back