How many goldfish in a 50 litre tank?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

parkranger405

Reaction score
Currently I've got an 80 litre tank with, I think, about 50 goldfish too. Is the tank too crowded? I'm just trying to raise them quickly as feeder fish, so they should be fine, right?

That's alot of bioload for a 21G tank...

I've never done anything to do with fish before but goldfish are relatively small and so they seem t fit quite nice and snug.

I would suggest consulting with one of your Game Wardens. They are trained in this and can explain why it’s not a good idea.

I've never done anything to do with fish before but goldfish are relatively small and so they seem t fit quite nice and snug.
Goldfish tend to get quite big over time. They might fit now but they will outgrow their tank if you plan to keep them long. You do say they are just feeder fish so this might not be an issue for you. What do you keep that you need feeder goldfish?

Goldfish tend to get quite big over time. They might fit now but they will outgrow their tank if you plan to keep them long. You do say they are just feeder fish so this might not be an issue for you. What do you keep that you need feeder goldfish?
Yes, I was curious too as to what you are feeding.

Most reactions

Back