How Long Does It Take To Clean Ur Tank

Usually it takes me around an hour, it would take so much less time though if i had a trusty gravel vacuum!!!! My God, i have spent so much money on getting a decent one and i end up stressing my fish out and nearly having a break down myself!! Does anyone else have trouble with these things or is there any other way!?!!

xxx

How Long Does It Take To Clean Ur Tank

0 minutes 0 hours.....hubby does it :p lol

Ok, ok, about an hour and a half on my 180g to syphon off with a garden hose, gravel vac, put plants back in (parrots - sheesh), then top back up again. But we do about a third at a time. And if the hose wasnt so narrow and kinked, it'd be a lot quicker. 135g doesn't take as long as hubby never gravel vacs that as it's heavily planted, and the snails take care of the rest ;)

About an hour for all my systems.

3 tanks are all linked through a central filtrations system so that helps a lot. I also use a wet dry sump filtration on my FW so that all I have to do is clean some filter floss.

I now use higher flows in my tanks so don't bother with vaccing the substrate. The SW changes are so quick I do them while the FW tanks are re-filling.

SW tank takes takes 3hrs if you include running of RO, but while that's doing we can just watch tv, do housework, whatever else. once it's run it takes 20mins or so to do the actual water change.

the 2 big tanks takes Ian about an hr to do both of them, his planted tank requires maintenance though so he spends half an hr every couple of days tinkering

takes me 10-15 mins to do the two little tanks upstairs.

Most reactions

Back