How else should I improve my Tanks Looks?

Ok great I will have a look at it.
Have you every grown your plants from seeds?
Someone has been doing that on here recently:

Floating plants are also worth looking into, @seangee created a very dramatic look on his 'back to black' with frogbit

No co2 and intense lighting required. Plus, fish much prefer having some cover on the surface to an intense light.. depends if you put plants before fish

Floating plants are also worth looking into, @seangee created a very dramatic look on his 'back to black' with frogbit

No co2 and intense lighting required. Plus, fish much prefer having some cover on the surface to an intense light.. depends if you put plants before fish
So frog bit is what layers the top and droops down . Lovely Is this a self floating plant or suspended with some sort of wire .

So frog bit is what layers the top and droops down . Lovely Is this a self floating plant or suspended with some sort of wire .
Yeh floats of it's own accord (think of a lilly pad), those are the roots growing down from the surface.
He's strategically placed them above other plants that prefer lower lighting levels such as Anubias

Self floating, no need to suspend it from a wire. You need to make sure to keep it away from the filter, as it will not grow in a high current area. (I can show you how to make a DIY floating plant separator if you like, or you can buy one. ;))

You can learn more about Aquascaping here.

Plants can be hard to maintain.
You can try either rocks formation (Iwagumi) or driftwoods formation (Biotope, Jungle or Nature aquarium).

Hello,
Sorry for not updating in a while. But I have moved some things around In my tank and got some Wood(might get a bigger piece) .
Just wondering if you like this one or the older one .

Thanks in Advance Tom

Attachments

• IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 53
Hello,
Sorry for not updating in a while. But I have moved some things around In my tank and got some Wood(might get a bigger piece) .
Just wondering if you like this one or the older one .

Thanks in Advance Tom
I like it, you've done a splendid job with the rocks and moss especially, i think it'd be worth leaving it for a good month and letting the plants grow into their space whilst cutting/replanting the taller stem plants to help thicken out. I quite like the look of leaving the front right corner side clear and building up the left side

I like it, you've done a splendid job with the rocks and moss especially, i think it'd be worth leaving it for a good month and letting the plants grow into their space whilst cutting/replanting the taller stem plants to help thicken out. I quite like the look of leaving the front right corner side clear and building up the left side
Thank you

Ok great I will have a look at it.
Have you every grown your plants from seeds?
Hi I'm sorry, I didn't get a notification about this, only saw it because your thread had been bumped. I haven't grown from seeds before I'm afraid. But be careful where you source the seeds from. If it's a reputable aquatic plant nursery, I'm sure it's fine, but there are a lot of people on Amazon and elsewhere selling baggies of what they claim are carpeting plants, but are not, and people have bought these since they're cheap, started to get a carpet going with them, and then it all melts back and ruins the tank, and they had to tear down and start over. So just be careful of the source if you're buying seeds, especially ones claiming to make a great carpet and that are super cheap/from a random source.

Hi I'm sorry, I didn't get a notification about this, only saw it because your thread had been bumped. I haven't grown from seeds before I'm afraid. But be careful where you source the seeds from. If it's a reputable aquatic plant nursery, I'm sure it's fine, but there are a lot of people on Amazon and elsewhere selling baggies of what they claim are carpeting plants, but are not, and people have bought these since they're cheap, started to get a carpet going with them, and then it all melts back and ruins the tank, and they had to tear down and start over. So just be careful of the source if you're buying seeds, especially ones claiming to make a great carpet and that are super cheap/from a random source.
Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me I might stay away from them for know as I am relatively new to fish keeping . Wow how useful regarding the amazon seeds .
Thanks

Hi,
Bit of a update . The fish are in!
They seem to be scooting around the tank enjoying it .
The Tetras and Gouramis are loving the live plants and rock features
My Snow White Ancistrus seems to love my wood.
So thank you all for your input .:)

Quick Question is there anyway to tell if a gourami is a male or female .

pictures to follow!

Tom

I think it looks lovely. Love the black substrate, it really brings everything out nicely. Another piece of drift to add in with the other one would look great as that drift pops really good with the plants and dark surroundings

Most reactions

Back