How Do You Get Up From An All Time Low?

I'm getting their filter, my landlady has it, it's powerful. She recommended it to me.  

Very sorry to hear about your poor streak of luck Ny82.. but what an awesome rebound :D

Don't want to hijack your thread with my question, it's just you mentioned them and I thought maybe you had used them before too.

Are the rams quite easy going, I really like the electric blues?

SamB said:
Very sorry to hear about your poor streak of luck Ny82.. but what an awesome rebound
biggrin.png

Thanks, I am still feeling quite down about it. I am trying to look at the bright side, like I say it's a bit scrappy looking but I can't complain for £50. It saved my fish and that's what matters. 
To add to the all time low, the sale of the roma has fell through since they are not selling anymore 
evilmad.gif
serves me right for being greedy though and not grateful for what I already have I suppose. 
fm1978 said:
Don't want to hijack your thread with my question, it's just you mentioned them and I thought maybe you had used them before too.

Are the rams quite easy going, I really like the electric blues?

This will be my first time using them, a lot of people have their stuff and rate them highly. 
Rams are quite sensitive to water conditions, I read they prefer soft water which is why I chose them as my centrepiece fish. I also read the electric blues are hard to keep alive, I resisted and went for the gold. 

The soft water shouldn't be a problem, us scottish folks have lovely soft stuff. That said, if they're tough to look after maybe I will rethink.

fm1978 said:
The soft water shouldn't be a problem, us scottish folks have lovely soft stuff. That said, if they're tough to look after maybe I will rethink.

That's why I chose them-they are perfect for our soft water! I took the chance with them being sensitive but mines has been fine. Hopefully a female on friday :)

Are you planning to breed them, or is it just to keep the man one "occupied"?

I don't plan on breeding just want to get him a friend. I was told the males are dominant towards each other so a female fits the bill. I wasn't planning on breeding my cories either they just happened
tongue2.gif

Where about in scotland are you? Do you know dobbies in stirling-they have beautiful red rams too. Seriously tempted lol.

I'm just in Motherwell, a hop skip and a jump from Maidenhead Aquatics in Coatbridge, they've got a good selection but I'd be more than happy to have a wee look at Dobbies! After all, I need to start planning a new stock list for an impending tank purchase...

fm1978 said:
I'm just in Motherwell, a hop skip and a jump from Maidenhead Aquatics in Coatbridge, they've got a good selection but I'd be more than happy to have a wee look at Dobbies! After all, I need to start planning a new stock list for an impending tank purchase...

I have heard a lot about maidenhead aquatics and how good they are! I will need to go through sometime.

Yeah, the shop's great with loads of beautiful creatures and tons of equipment, water treatments and all the usual stuff. I'd heard great things about them too, which is why I was so excited when I found out it was so close, but, I was a wee bit disappointed with some of the advice I was given...

Anyhoo, how are all your guys settling in to their new home?

The rams doing great, the cories are swimming about the middle, the bronze female is gone pink so she must be ready to lay eggs! So excited!

Ahhh... I feel very much the same right now...
Only been fish keeping for 5 months but I got very attached and quite addicted early on, but I just always seem to have something go wrong or some concern all the time...

You think your doing everything right but apparently that's not enough...
You seem to be sorting yourself out pretty quickly too...

Madjonny said:
Ahhh... I feel very much the same right now...
Only been fish keeping for 5 months but I got very attached and quite addicted early on, but I just always seem to have something go wrong or some concern all the time...

You think your doing everything right but apparently that's not enough...
You seem to be sorting yourself out pretty quickly too...

Yeah you do get attached pretty quick. Nobody said it was easy ;) the achievement is from working hard. Too hard and things go wrong, when that happens take a step back and look at the whole problem. Then you get multi tank syndrome when one tank just isn't enough! I had to get it sorted, my cories wouldn't survive long in the high temps of the fry tank. I am just lucky I had a 2nd tank to put them into.

Most reactions

Back