How Do You Get Up From An All Time Low?

I know how you feel with this: one the day we were getting our new carpets delivered, an allegedly happy day, I was woken by the police entering my home via axe: we had a burst pipe leaking water through two other flats. Nice of them go knock. Or use the water isolation valve that is outside every door. Following that, a rabbit we had taken on from a rehoming service died after lots of vet bills and I reversed into another car at the local Tesco. I hadn't been that low in a very long time.

Bad luck is just that: luck. Pick yourself out of the rubble, find something trivial, small, but good look forward to (e.g. mexican tea!) And rejoice in its success. Pick something bigger. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Glad you got a great deal, although it would have been better if it wasn't an emergancy replacement.

dgwebster said:
I know how you feel with this: one the day we were getting our new carpets delivered, an allegedly happy day, I was woken by the police entering my home via axe: we had a burst pipe leaking water through two other flats. Nice of them go knock. Or use the water isolation valve that is outside every door. Following that, a rabbit we had taken on from a rehoming service died after lots of vet bills and I reversed into another car at the local Tesco. I hadn't been that low in a very long time.

Bad luck is just that: luck. Pick yourself out of the rubble, find something trivial, small, but good look forward to (e.g. mexican tea!) And rejoice in its success. Pick something bigger. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Oh that's awful, but you came out the other side as have I :) I feel a bit silly now as some people do have real problems, but to me, this was me hitting that all time low. I have had a lot of crap going on in the last few weeks this was the last thing I needed. 

frapadoodle said:
Glad you got a great deal, although it would have been better if it wasn't an emergancy replacement.

Thanks, like I say, it's a bit scrappy looking, but the cories love it and the pandas have already started doing the dance! I have been wanting a bigger tank for a while since my cory obsession is getting out of hand and I am a strong believer in everything happens for a reason. 
The freaky thing is, if you look on my thread about my cories, I am pretty sure I have a link to that same tank, it's been on gumtree for 4 days and he did not get back to me about it, until tonight. If that's not fate, I don't know what is.

Got any pics of your new tank?

What do you mean, 'the dance'? Is that the thing they do where they sort of flick themselves round...sort of like rolling over?

fm1978 said:
Got any pics of your new tank?

What do you mean, 'the dance'? Is that the thing they do where they sort of flick themselves round...sort of like rolling over?

No lol the dance is the courtship then the T-position when they actually breed :p I call it the dance because they follow each other very closely, copying what the other does, and the bodies touch. It's adorable!

I shall put pics up tomorrow :)

Honestly, I think this was a blessing in disguise.  Ultimately, I think this was a GREAT ending after a horrible situation.  This bigger tank was something that you were really going to need anyway, and the 'disaster' forced you to look sooner than you might have otherwise, and you got to strike on this one.

Awesome... And yeah, the 'dance' with pandas is a lot of fun to watch.

eaglesaquarium said:
Honestly, I think this was a blessing in disguise.  Ultimately, I think this was a GREAT ending after a horrible situation.  This bigger tank was something that you were really going to need anyway, and the 'disaster' forced you to look sooner than you might have otherwise, and you got to strike on this one.

Awesome... And yeah, the 'dance' with pandas is a lot of fun to watch.

Thanks. That's exactly the way I am looking at it-positively. Like I said, there's no point sitting crying about it, I would never have got it. Why else would all leads point to this tank. The only one that was left when others were sold within hours of being put up. I am a strong believer in karma and fate, this was meant for me and unfortunately this was the way it was meant to happen. 

I don't think anything will happen with the pandas they are still quite young. Think they are just practising!

I never thought anything would come from mine either... I was wrong.  You may be too. :p  Either way, you won't notice any evidence for quite some time... my pandas are VERY good at hiding their eggs.  They aren't 'glass' layers.  They always put them on the undersides of plant leaves in my tank.

Cool, I've never seen that before. I've got sterbys and bandits but they flick over on their sides every now and again and I assumed it was a wee playful dance, of sorts!

It's pretty rubbish that a bad thing has to happen before a really good thing, but, I'm with you on the things happen for a reason philosophy!

The flicking your cories are doing is probably more due to an irritation of some sort.

eaglesaquarium said:
I never thought anything would come from mine either... I was wrong.  You may be too.
tongue2.gif
  Either way, you won't notice any evidence for quite some time... my pandas are VERY good at hiding their eggs.  They aren't 'glass' layers.  They always put them on the undersides of plant leaves in my tank.

Aww! I hope so. I love my pandas, I thought they were the cutest things ever, until I got my elegans and they are so playful. Then I fell for my melini! see what I mean about my cory obsession...

fm1978 said:
Cool, I've never seen that before. I've got sterbys and bandits but they flick over on their sides every now and again and I assumed it was a wee playful dance, of sorts!

It's pretty rubbish that a bad thing has to happen before a really good thing, but, I'm with you on the things happen for a reason philosophy!

No flicking is a completely different thing altogether, if they rub themselves off things it's probably something irritating them. Do a water change when that happens. 

eaglesaquarium said:
The flicking your cories are doing is probably more due to an irritation of some sort.
Oh... balls.

Yup... sorry.

Aww don't worry, just do a big water change and see if it makes a difference :)

Well throw that good fortune my way.
Looking at a 40gal. long with stand canopy and lights for $80. Same footprint as my 55 just not as tall, perfect cory tank.
Now the ifs.
If I can juggle the budget.
If it hasn't sold by next weekend.
If I can make room.
If I can convince Mrs. doodle to let me have it.

Most reactions

Back