How do I treat Pop-Eye disease on my neon tetra?

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes, I am very sure! Plus cooking salt never contains iodine. I have used this salt on one of my tanks before, and it worked! ;) So I am guessing it will do the job?

Yes, I am very sure! Plus cooking salt never contains iodine. I have used this salt on one of my tanks before, and it worked! ;) So I am guessing it will do the job?
Most cooking salt has iodine. It should work, let's wait for @Colin_T to confirm tho

Is there any sharp objects that he could have injured himself on?

I just did a 75% water change and this is the neon tetra:
IMG_1224.JPGIMG_1223.JPG
Poor soul! :(

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 94
No, use aquarium salt or rock salt :)
@JuiceBox52, the epsom salt is correct. See my post above, please for reason. This is when it gets frustrating. I gave the OP specific instructions to use epsom salt. We may have been able to help him with proper treatment. I’m curious why you felt it was the wrong salt to use. Why do you feel he should have used aquarium salt for Popeye? I f there’s a reason, I’d like to know as I’m still learning just like everyone else. :)

Last edited:
@JuiceBox52, the epsom salt is correct. See my post above, please for reason. This is when it gets frustrating. I gave the OP specific instructions to use epsom salt. We may have been able to help him with proper treatment. I’m curious why you felt it was the wrong salt to use. Why do you feel he should have used aquarium salt for Popeye? I f there’s a reason, I’d like to know as I’m still learning just like everyone else. :)
I'm actually not sure, I was told not to use Epsom salt. I guess not :dunno:

I'm actually not sure, I was told not to use Epsom salt. I guess not :dunno:
For future purposes, it’s good for pulling fluid off in dropsy and Popeye. The salts get mixed up and you have to know which one for what purpose. I printed it on here once but will have to see if I can locate it. :)

Most reactions

Back