Hover Over Topic To Show First Few Lines Of Post

Macro

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here but not new to forums. Have the "Powers that be" looked into a very useful feature that many other forums implement, that of hovering your mouse over a topic and having the first few lines of the original post displayed? It saves so much time when reading through the forums or especially when you've done a search and now you can check out a bit of what each thread is saying while not having to actually go into the thread if doesn't apply to your search. It's also very useful because many times people use very vague or confusing titles for their threads and when you can hover over it you have an idea if you want to take part in that discussion right away.

Just wanted to bring it up and see if its a possibility. Thank you for your time everyone.

Hello,

I'm new here but not new to forums. Have the "Powers that be" looked into a very useful feature that many other forums implement, that of hovering your mouse over a topic and having the first few lines of the original post displayed? It saves so much time when reading through the forums or especially when you've done a search and now you can check out a bit of what each thread is saying while not having to actually go into the thread if doesn't apply to your search. It's also very useful because many times people use very vague or confusing titles for their threads and when you can hover over it you have an idea if you want to take part in that discussion right away.

Just wanted to bring it up and see if its a possibility. Thank you for your time everyone.

I thought when you did a search it brought up the first line of text in the post, I'm almost sure of it.

Ace, your right it does pull out a snip of the sentence that has the word that you searched for. Thanks

So maybe just having the hover over in the forums area so you can see the gist of a thread before you decide if it's a discussion you want to take part in.

I actually do agree with this.

Even though when you use the search feature it shows you the first few lines, it doesn't do this in the forum itself. If this is possible, it would be a nice little feature, just to avoid hitting the back button 10 times if something doesn't turn out to be what you think it is.

Would help when browsing through the thousands of topics entitled "help please" or "need advice"... (though personally I just ignore them)

Most reactions

Back