House Clearance

liamc1988

Reaction score
hi just had my dad on the phone one of his friends do house clearances and they have came across a fish tank full of chiclids and plecs however the tank doesnt have a heater so they havnt got long left!, my dad phoned and asked if i would take them in? i said yes and said to get them etc, my dad phones back and says you cant have them mate because the rspca are gettting involed for animal cruelty, i said yes but that doesnt help the fish that are suffering, the clearance company, have to hire someone from the rspca to come out and check the situation but they cant get there until monday, which im sure they will be dead1 so is this not defeating the object? they would be different if there was 10 dogs in the abanndoned house, what are you thoughts on this?

iam waiting for a phone call now to see if i can take them anyway to stop them from suffering!

When i moved in to my house that had been not lived in for 3 month i found to frogs in a tank, i called RSPCA and was told there to busy could i not just look after them, i told them i have no idea how and they have been here 3 months

but i got no where with them in the end i had to re home them my self.....

The rspca does not have the time or set up to take care of abandoned fish. In most cases, if there is someone to step in and care for the fish, they are more than willing to allow you to do so. Just make sure you take pics. The rspca will need them for evidence. But don't get too excited, not much will come of any case against the owners. Most people see fish as disposable. They don't see them as pets. Good luck and I hope you will be very happy with the new additions. If, by some dumb chance, they won't allow you to take the fish until Monday, is there any way you could get a heater into the tank for the weekend?

Just take the fish, What they going to do? Shoot you! lol.
Better that they go to a good home than sit there till Monday and then still have no new home to go to.
I would just take them and explain latter.

I would just take the lot, shot a heater in and if they want to come and review them from your home they can, take photo's of the condition and situation before moving anything as they can use them for the purpouse of prosecution if they feel they need to, just my view

Just take the fish, What they going to do? Shoot you! lol.
Better that they go to a good home than sit there till Monday and then still have no new home to go to.
I would just take them and explain latter.

ive phoned the clearance company and they have said know one can go back in the house after the inspection so its tuff s##t lol great what a waste of time, i would of went straight over but its like 18 mile away lol, suppose its just one of them things eh :-o

Chances are they will survive without a heater, the weather is still quite mild and fish are tougher than we give them credit for.

Most reactions

Back