Hospital Tank Treated With Melafix

smmetz

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have 1 whiteskirt tetra in a 10 gallon tank. It was taken from my 55 gallon tank when I noticed some patches developing on it. My lfs owner said he thought it was a bacterial infection after I described the patches. He sold me some Melafix.

The tank has 3 small snails (about 1/2 inch) and the 1 sick fish. It is very understocked, since it is just an isolation tank. I have read that when using certain meds, the fish find it harder to breathe. Should I add an airstone to this medicated tank?

I always increase aeration when I have a sick fish. I would say it can't hurt!

I have a airstone in when i'm treating in my isolation tank, better to be safe than sorry!?! ;)

i heard about hospital tanks, is it just like a spare tank sitting around incase you have a sick fish and need to seperate him,

i keep airstones in my regular 55 gallon tank, is that bad?

i heard about hospital tanks, is it just like a spare tank sitting around incase you have a sick fish and need to seperate him,

i keep airstones in my regular 55 gallon tank, is that bad?

Airstones in youyr 55 gallon is fine theres nothing wrong with that. They create more oxygen in the tank. I had them in my tank but They look to fake so I took them out. I just use then when treating with meds. :good:

Most reactions

Back