Holes in my betta's fins!

Yep those leaves are perfect :)
Pop them in the tank and let them sink over next day or two on their own

I put the leaves in yesterday, one is on the bottom, the other is stuck to the filter.

I'm getting really tired, and I just started today's water change. Do ya'll think it would be okay if I just did a 50% today? If I don't get answeres before I'm done, I'll just do another 75%. Thanks!

I just noticed that there are holes on his top fin, now. So I'm going to do a 75% change for sure today.

Okay, the 75% water change is done, and I pushed the leaf off the filter.

@PheonixKingZ, my dad got really mad at me for changing the water so much. He even threatened to flush my betta down the toilet. So, yeah. Last night's water change was not the most peaceful. He called our LFS who told us to use aquarium salt and do 10%-30% water changes every other day. What should I do?! Please help.

In my opinion it's not as important exactly what percentage of water change you do, just change as much water as you can (up to 75%) as often as you can and keep it as clean as you can until you get ammonia down to zero. Once the water quality is pristine and you have aquarium salt, that's your best shot at preventing and reversing fin rot.

Do not listen to your LFS, please...

Tell your dad that daily water changes will help your betta heal. The salt can be effective, if there is an infection. I personally don’t use salt, so maybe another member can shed some light on that...

Most reactions

Back