Hma Only Water Change.

Vin Swords

Fishaholic
Reaction score
hi,

i am planing to get an dedicated HMA filter to do water change in my show tank. i have been told... u can directly connect the outflow pipe into the fish tank. and run it on timer.. so you dont have to do water changes at all.. if i do, like water change. i mean take the water out by sypon and put the water back while everything is off as i have 3 intake pipe in staps one of the at top.. so... then there will be going to be a problam with temp..

can t you open both hot and cold taps in to the HMA filter..?

and can you keep fish in HMA water only? :blush:

thanks..

Same plan I have when I get my big tank running!Great minds! lol
I read on here that HMA water only takes out the bad stuff in tapwater and leaves the good,so totally safe straight into the tank :good:

Same plan I have when I get my big tank running!Great minds! lol
I read on here that HMA water only takes out the bad stuff in tapwater and leaves the good,so totally safe straight into the tank :good:

so why people don.t do that.. its take out the need of carrying 30l buckets and lifting above you shoulders.. and making mess in the tank.

all tanks should have overflow pipe and HMA inflow pipe.. so water change can become easy as switch on and off? :look:

I use HMA only water in my Discus tank. I do a 1/4 to 1/3 water change every day. I use a gravel vac connected to a hose pipe which drains the water onto the garden and I have a pipe from my HMA connected to the tank. I have to fill the tank extremly slow as the HMA water isnt heated. I would also like to know if it is ok to run warm water through a HMA filter

There really is no such thing as a maintenance free tank. You can definitely change the water using timers, etc, but there is no substitute for gravel cleaning, which must still be done manually.

Most reactions

Back