Hi there from Adelaide

itsjustmeuc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to freshwater but have had saltwater for around 10 years.

I hate to admit that I had always thought that freshwater tanks were boring :blush: but I know better now...

I have had this tank running around 6 months now. I've had a spare 170L tank sitting in the garage for years so I told my five year old I'd set this one up for him and they would be his fish. He loves them, his first fish fatality (before I got him the big tank) he cried for a week and he still brings it up over 6 months later.

We are currently going through a catastrophe with out tank which is devastating to both my son and myself (I posted about this in another thread). Hoping I can get on top of it soon as I love sitting and watching these guys, so relaxing.

Bek

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s4ccqcjps2R32pNKA

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to freshwater but have had saltwater for around 10 years.

I hate to admit that I had always thought that freshwater tanks were boring :blush: but I know better now...

I have had this tank running around 6 months now. I've had a spare 170L tank sitting in the garage for years so I told my five year old I'd set this one up for him and they would be his fish. He loves them, his first fish fatality (before I got him the big tank) he cried for a week and he still brings it up over 6 months later.

We are currently going through a catastrophe with out tank which is devastating to both my son and myself (I posted about this in another thread). Hoping I can get on top of it soon as I love sitting and watching these guys, so relaxing.

Bek

https://photos.app.goo.gl/s4ccqcjps2R32pNKA
Hello and welcome! It’s nice that you and your son enjoy this hobby together. When my son turned 9, I made the same attempt with a small 3.5g tank, one betta and two baby albino corys. It was very short-lived (much like the betta’s year) on his end but blossomed on mine, 4 years later those corys have two surviving offspring and all live happily in a 20g community tank. Relaxing and mesmerizing, watching them enjoy their world.

Nice to read. If anywhere can help you get over in tank problems this place can. Have fun.

Most reactions

Back