Hi Often To Vacuum The Gravel?

I'd buy a liquid test kit test everything :) and if you have ammonia and 0 nitrite and nitrate I'd treat it as cycling again and do the water changes as required so the fish are not harmed. And be careful with filter maintenance :-D I have to do it soon so I'm a little worried! Eeeek
Thank you - this helps a lot. Feel better about the whole thing. They do charge 120 euro fot this kit - it is a lot at the moment.... I will see - maybe I will buy just amonia test separately for now.
You can get liquid API test kit for around £15 on Ebay, many UK sellers will post abroad too

15 is a bargain! P@H it's 32.99!! Seen it for 20 in my LFS so if I'm ever desperate I'll rush to it for £20 off the shelf. Have API ammonia Test is really good. Definitely lost faith In nutrafin when they have put the wrong Ph stickers on both bottles in my master test kit bottle colours don't match writing! When I phoned customer services about another problem and mentioned this they said a bad batch went out and to simply bear it in mind when testing and use the opposite colours results checker! If they can do it for those what else is mixed up haha on saying that their customer service does seem really good got the other problem sorted quickly and they are quick to reply to you!

I'd buy a liquid test kit test everything :) and if you have ammonia and 0 nitrite and nitrate I'd treat it as cycling again and do the water changes as required so the fish are not harmed. And be careful with filter maintenance :-D I have to do it soon so I'm a little worried! Eeeek
Thank you - this helps a lot. Feel better about the whole thing. They do charge 120 euro fot this kit - it is a lot at the moment.... I will see - maybe I will buy just amonia test separately for now.
You can get liquid API test kit for around £15 on Ebay, many UK sellers will post abroad too

15 is a bargain! P@H it's 32.99!! Seen it for 20 in my LFS so if I'm ever desperate I'll rush to it for £20 off the shelf. Have API ammonia Test is really good. Definitely lost faith In nutrafin when they have put the wrong Ph stickers on both bottles in my master test kit bottle colours don't match writing! When I phoned customer services about another problem and mentioned this they said a bad batch went out and to simply bear it in mind when testing and use the opposite colours results checker! If they can do it for those what else is mixed up haha on saying that their customer service does seem really good got the other problem sorted quickly and they are quick to reply to you!
Is it safe to buy something like that on ebay? Have never bought anything on ebay - I know it gets lot of recognition.... or which other internet site/or fish accesories company you would buy from (safe and reliable)
and have a good experience with? Thanks to everyone for your answers... Lucc

Is it safe to buy something like that on ebay? Have never bought anything on ebay - I know it gets lot of recognition.... or which other internet site/or fish accesories company you would buy from (safe and reliable)

Should be absolutely fine as long as they are sealed and new :) loads of stores on eBay and it's best just to make sure the seller has good feedback etc. :) beats paying 33 from P@H if you find a small pet shop u may be lucky enough to get one for 20 quid.

Should be absolutely fine as long as they are sealed and new :) loads of stores on eBay and it's best just to make sure the seller has good feedback etc. :) beats paying 33 from P@H if you find a small pet shop u may be lucky enough to get one for 20 quid.
Thanks again, it is very expensive here, amonium tester (just that) 17,90 eur!!!! Lucc

That is around 15.00 GBP. In Pets at Home we would pay £10 for ammonia or cheaper in a small LFS. Can you not get it for cheaper on eBay??

That is around 15.00 GBP. In Pets at Home we would pay £10 for ammonia or cheaper in a small LFS. Can you not get it for cheaper on eBay??
Thanks again. I have never bought anything on e-bay and I am worried "a little" about buying on the internet, let alone e-bay (only bought plane tickets.... on internet...) :( but I know I will have to as I don¨t have any other option.. Thanks Lucc

Most reactions

Back