Hi Im New

Princesscoral

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi

I am nine years old and my nanny has just given me her old fish tank - I have helped her keep her fish but am now starting myself :good:

I have got lots of research to do as nanny says I can't do anything until I have researched.

I am going to have a tropical aquarium and that's about all I know at the moment :blush:

Would like to know your ideas about what sort of fish I should keep :good:

First though nanny says I have to learn how to cycle a tank :crazy:

I will have 180 litre tank

My nanny is Seffieuk :good: we have emptied the brackish tank, phew :grr:

It would be nice to talk to other children as well as adults

princesscoral

:fish:

:hi: to the forum princess coral.

You can keep loads of different fish, have a look in you Local Fish Shop and see what you like then tell us, we can help you from there.

Scooby.

hello there...wow...you,re really young. so how big is the tank in gallons and what do you plan to do with it?
shahrez

hi

my tank is 36 uk gallons, or so my nanny says :flowers:

princesscoral

cool, seffies grand daughter. i would read up on fishless cycling, and then decide on what you want to keep, im sure seffie will help you.

Hello Princesscoral

I see lots of people have already said hello - including Truck, remember I told you about him, he is 14 and very knowledgeable, who knows, one day maybe you will know as much as him :good:

Anyway, as I said you need to lean about cycling a tank................so, go read and then ask me and everyone else questions :nod:

good luck

Seffie x aka Nanny :wub:

Nanny says it is ok for me to ask if anyone close by would give me some mature filter stuff and maybe some stones i could put in a cut off pair of tights? The closest on the link is braintree - is there anyone closer?

Hockley Essex SS6

thank you

PrincessCoral
Aged 9

Hi Princesscoral, :hi:

Wow Nanny's given you your own tank how cool is that :good: , I bet you are very excited.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about Tropical so I will have to let all the other good people help, but I will be keeping an eye on your progess :fun: and when your ready to come over to marine's, well, then I'm your Aunty :D

hi everyone
im starting my tank soon, but i cant do it yet becuse my nanny is borrowing it for her rock -_- as she has got a new tank which is realy big!!! so i hope when i come in the school holidays i will see the big fish tank up and running. so i start my tank :good:

princesscoral
age 9

Hi Princesscoral, lucky you getting a nice big tank like that for a starter, plently of lovely fish can go in there :good:

Hiya Princesscoral. I'm new too. Good to meet you!

I'm just starting a tank of a similar size to you with my children so it will be fun to see how you get on. :good:

So far they seem to like the idea of having lots of shoaling fish and a few bigger, colourful ones. Maybe neon tetras, zebra danios, harlequin rasboras for the shoaling ones. I think the neons shouldn't be added until the tank is 'mature' though, a few months after you set it up.

hello evreyone
i am thinking of fish,plants and acecorys to put in my tank if you have any good ideas please tell me :wizard:

thanks

princesscoral
age 9

Most reactions

Back