Hey Is This A Girl?

Lord Spooky

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
The lfs told me it was. I'm not to sure..

Attachments

• 0610072053.jpg
    0610072053.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 27
Does it have an oviposter?
If it's new to the tank & getting along so far, doesn't mean it will get along once it settles in, specially if it turns out to be a male.
Just make sure to keep an eye on it.
He/she is really pretty though! :good:

Nope. Not a girl. :blink:

:look: REALLY!! He/she is doing fine in my community tank! 2 other female bettas, 3 panda cories, 2bamboo shrimp and 3 tetras. They all get along fine! :nod:

Nope.. He has not only a long tail, but long dorsal, ventrils, and anal fins, and I see no ovipositor or even the round tummy that females sometimes get. HIs shape and fins and no ovipositor screams male to me.. Remove him, IMO, and get two more females for your community. I worry about you only having 2 in there.. THings could get ugly. :crazy:

no actually its not a new tank. Its been in there for 3 months. Just lately ive been questioning its gender. lol :hyper:

no actually its not a new tank. Its been in there for 3 months. Just lately ive been questioning its gender. lol :hyper:

Woof three months. That's amazing. Well.. I still am 99 percent sure that's a male betta.. So my suggestion has already been posted, and I hope all goes well for you and your bettas.

Woof three months. That's amazing. Well.. I still am 99 percent sure that's a male betta.. So my suggestion has already been posted, and I hope all goes well for you and your bettas.

Hmm well thank you! :rolleyes: I guess hes a very friendly male then. O just one more thing, When we go him he was ina tank full of female bettas. So mabey hes a little gender confused?? :lol: :fun:

Hmm well thank you! :rolleyes: I guess hes a very friendly male then. O just one more thing, When we go him he was ina tank full of female bettas. So mabey hes a little gender confused?? :lol: :fun:

Such mistakes are not uncommon.. Fish stores, even local ones, are not the end all be all of fish care, or even sexing fish, for that matter, as they often sell male plakats as females, or short finned male VTs as females.. Sorry for stepping on your toes I guess. - Trying to prevent disaster from happening in your tank. :/

o no its fine really. Hes been in there for a very long time and seems to really like my molly. Hes never nipped at anyone(only when he first when in the tank. He settled down after that) The bettas actually stay in a close group and the females are the ones who usually chase each other. I think ill keep him in there. IF he does cause any trouble in the near future. Then hell get his own 5 gallon tank. Also sometimes male bettas can work out in a community so mabey i got lucky with this guy then!

Anyway i think it is nice betta. Take care it!

Most reactions

Back