He's blind as a bat...

He is one amazing little fish.
He swims around like nobody's business - and he and I have both learned the tricks to feeding him. I switch on the light in his tank hood and he knows it's feeding time. He swims over to dead center of the tank and just waits. I then drop pellets on top of his head, and he backs up and grabs them. I also tried bloodworms and peas. I put each of them onto the end of a soft spoon and then touch his nose with them, and he opens up his mouth and gets them every time. He's in some ways easier to feed than some of the other nutzos that I have who get so excited about feeding time that they flail around so much they miss the pellets.

His tank is now up to 79 degrees and he seems like he has learned the boundaries in his little tank very well. He's even found the resting places - on top of the thermometer's suction cup, and on top of the heater's suction cup.

I am still waiting for him to make a bubblenest. Not sure if he ever will.

:wub: He's obviously in the right hands. I predict a bubblenest in his future. He is bound to be one happy little (spoiled rotten) betta. :D

Bettamomma, you are the sweetest thing! Louis is so lucky to have you! :thumbs:

eudielynn said:
:wub: He's obviously in the right hands. I predict a bubblenest in his future. He is bound to be one happy little (spoiled rotten) betta. :D
You were correct.
I went to feed him tonight and there are little piles of bubblenests around the tank. lol It's like he starts to make one, then something distracts him and he can't remember where he started it so he starts up another one. The biggest one is at the top right by where he perches himself up on top of the thermometer.

:wub:

Thanks, Elise. :)
I just can't resist the little faces of those in need.
hee hee!

Most reactions

Back