Help?

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
I currently have a 125l tank with: 25 Tetra (13 small Neons, 5 Black Neons & 5 Silvertip) , 2 Small Pearl Gourami, and 11 Corydora(4 peppered ,4 Bronze)
How can I make this tank look better?

My neons below
P1010793.jpg

One of my Silvertip
P1010794.jpg

Black Neon
P1010797.jpg

Cory
P1010798.jpg

Pearl GOurami with 3 feelers!
P1010800.jpg

Rivershrimp
P1010807.jpg

Hi, I would change to sand for your cory's, they prefer sand to gravel add some bog wood, rocks, slate and make caves and nooks and cranies for fish to swim through, have tall plants at the back java fern and jave moss attatched to the wood and small forground plants at the front, i would take the picture background off and have a plain black background - which will make your decor and fish stand out more. You got quite alot of fish in there, what filtration have you got?

4 angelfish, 2 gouramis and a rainbow shark in a 125ltr tank..
id keep 2 of either the angelfish or gourami and get rid of the rainbow.
as they grow they will try set up territory and defend it, esp the angels,

having said that though, ive had combinations that on paper "shouldnt" work but have turned out that they did

All of the angelfish are very kind to my Pearls. The only aggression ive so far noticed it between the 2 Pearls.Its because they are both females so I will change the ugky 3 feeler Pearl for a male.And the Rainbow Shark is very friendly with my cories.

38 Fish in a 125 is hard going, what filter(s) do you have?

James.

Well at the moment I'm using an internal filter but I plan on buying an external one to help out. Also , it sound like a lot but most of the fish in the tank are tiny AND They all take up different areas in the tank.

Ive added some slate rocks which Ive used to make a cave and I got a small piece of drift wood.
HOWEVER ,I went to my fish store and I kind of got carried away .I feel so bad! :sad:
I got 4 Neon sized CONGO TETRA
4 CELEBES RAINBOWFISH
1 CARDINAL TETRA(THERE WERNT ANY MORE IN THE SHOP SO IT WAS ALONE AND ITS NOW WITH MY NEONS) :drool:
2 KRIBENSIS
5 BABY BABY CLOWN LOACH (SMALLEST FISH IN MY TANK, BOUGHT SOME BUT WILL BE MOVED INTO LARGER TANK WHEN 3.5 INCHES)
2 SIAMESE ALGAE EATERS
But I'll take care of them.
Im feeding them Catfish Pellets, Flake food, Live Daphnia, Chopped squid, Variety Waters and Vegatables.
If anyone wants pics just say so and ill post them on here

OOOOO you did get carried away. Clown loaches need a much bigger aquarium. They can grow to over 12". Also the Kribs can get quite territorial. Glad you managed to save that last neon :good:

That tank is now quite heavily overstocked considering it currently only has a fluval internal filter running on it.

As mentioned, the clown loaches will require a minimum of 5ft tank, preferably 6ft.

Also the siamese algae eaters can become quite aggressive so that may cause a problem with your rainbow shark.

Make sure you keep an eye of your water stats because adding that many fish in 1 go will certainly put you into a 'mini cycle'

Andy

Ive added some slate rocks which Ive used to make a cave and I got a small piece of drift wood.
HOWEVER ,I went to my fish store and I kind of got carried away .I feel so bad! :sad:
I got 4 Neon sized CONGO TETRA
4 CELEBES RAINBOWFISH
1 CARDINAL TETRA(THERE WERNT ANY MORE IN THE SHOP SO IT WAS ALONE AND ITS NOW WITH MY NEONS) :drool:
2 KRIBENSIS
5 BABY BABY CLOWN LOACH (SMALLEST FISH IN MY TANK, BOUGHT SOME BUT WILL BE MOVED INTO LARGER TANK WHEN 3.5 INCHES)
2 SIAMESE ALGAE EATERS
But I'll take care of them.
Im feeding them Catfish Pellets, Flake food, Live Daphnia, Chopped squid, Variety Waters and Vegatables.
If anyone wants pics just say so and ill post them on here
You really need a larger tank asap with that many fish, you may stunt the growth of your clown loach if you wait till they are 3.5" before you upgrade, keep a close eye on water stats and expect to do alot of water changes. Good luck :nod: your going to need it

OOOOO you did get carried away. Clown loaches need a much bigger aquarium. They can grow to over 12". Also the Kribs can get quite territorial. Glad you managed to save that last neon :good:

I know , I messed up real bad :sad: :sad:

That tank is now quite heavily overstocked considering it currently only has a fluval internal filter running on it.

As mentioned, the clown loaches will require a minimum of 5ft tank, preferably 6ft.

Also the siamese algae eaters can become quite aggressive so that may cause a problem with your rainbow shark.

Make sure you keep an eye of your water stats because adding that many fish in 1 go will certainly put you into a 'mini cycle'

Andy

Im getting an external filter as soo as I can afford it
The clown loach arent a problem at the moment as they are so small. My little nail is roughly the same size.The rainbow shark is mostly hidden amongst the plants and the Siamese Algae Eater strangly school with my Congo Tetra and Celebes Rainbowfish. I am doing frequent water changes and the stats are fine.
Carlovel1

Most reactions

Back