Help?

more pics here

My Adult Kribensis , as you can see , due to the care I give them , they are both colourful!
P1010826.jpg

Close up of my female Kribs
P1010825.jpg

Congo Tetra
P1010819.jpg

Spot the odd one out
P1010821.jpg

One of my Siamese Algae Eater on the Krib's slate cave
P1010813.jpg

Close up of my male Kribs
P1010811.jpg

P1010812.jpg

OK
NO3=25
NO2=0
GH=8
pH=7.2
CL2=0
Thats what my test strips say :rolleyes:

Oh and by the way Bad News!!
MY TANK CAUGHT ICH!!

Oh and by the way Bad News!!
MY TANK CAUGHT ICH!!

That is a lot of fish...I just started a thread a couple days ago about clown loaches. I LOVE them, but they want too many friends and they get too darn big. :angry: I am getting 5 chain loaches instead for a 37 gallon tank. I would have saved the heartache and not gotten the clowns because once they get bigger you will have to rehome them.

Start treating the tank right away! I did this before after adding new fish and no quarantine time!!

I had the best luck with Malachite Green though many people probably won't recommend it. I was very limited and didn't want to try any home remedies like just raising the heat (as this seemed to stress my fish because my tanks are at 80 already). Just remember whatever you treat your tank with that you have live plants. Plants can't tolerate some treatments. I used the Malachite Green as directed and had it cleared up in less than a week. I only lost one fish to the treatment. It was an otocinclus, but I think it was coincidence to be honest since I've never had great luck with them to begin with.

I will have to remove my plants for a week , I need to get it treated

If you use the malachite green, your plants should be able to take it. I had a planted tank and my plants were fine. That was why I chose that product vs. others

ur priority should have been getting an external filter, not more fish. it was overstocked before u made the new purchases. there is no such thing as mini angelfish, they all grow to ~15cm.

to answer ur question on how to make ur tank better: decide which fish u like most and rebuild ur stocking around those particular fish whilst rehoming the rest, either that or consider getting another tank/s

ur priority should have been getting an external filter, not more fish. it was overstocked before u made the new purchases. there is no such thing as mini angelfish, they all grow to ~15cm.

to answer ur question on how to make ur tank better: decide which fish u like most and rebuild ur stocking around those particular fish whilst rehoming the rest, either that or consider getting another tank/s
nother tank/s
[/quote]
I'm setting up a 90 gallon, hoping to move the fish to that.

I wouldnt have bought the fish I have if I didnt like them!!!

You like the look of them.
If you truly liked them then you wouldn't put them in this situation of an overstocked tank with ich (whitespot).

I don't plan on getting more fish(never said I did)

He is reffering to the 38 fish you did have, which was overstocked already. Then you proceeded to buy:

4 CONGO TETRA
4 CELEBES RAINBOWFISH
1 CARDINAL TETRAS
2 KRIBENSIS
5 CLOWN LOACH
2 SIAMESE ALGAE EATERS

Making the problem a whole lot worst.

i said "like most", surely u prefer some of ur fish over others even if u do like them all

And im not going to rehome them, I didnt get them for free.
and yet if ur not careful they will die a horrible death. some ppl would pay money for them, some lfs will let u trade (for store credit etc. they would probably trade fish for fish but that doesnt result in u having less fish so isnt relevant)

You like the look of them.
If you truly liked them then you wouldn't put them in this situation of an overstocked tank with ich (whitespot).

I don't plan on getting more fish(never said I did)

He is reffering to the 38 fish you did have, which was overstocked already. Then you proceeded to buy:

4 CONGO TETRA
4 CELEBES RAINBOWFISH
1 CARDINAL TETRAS
2 KRIBENSIS
5 CLOWN LOACH
2 SIAMESE ALGAE EATERS

Making the problem a whole lot worst.

MHHH, RIGHT
The Ich wasnt present when I bought the rest

i said "like most", surely u prefer some of ur fish over others even if u do like them all

And im not going to rehome them, I didnt get them for free.
and yet if ur not careful they will die a horrible death. some ppl would pay money for them, some lfs will let u trade (for store credit etc. they would probably trade fish for fish but that doesnt result in u having less fish so isnt relevant)

The fish will be rehomed

You must of spent a fair chunk of the cash that could of gone on the much needed external filter on even more fish :S

Something like the Fluval 105 (under £60) running along side your current internal would improve things considerably along with weekly water changes of 25-30%.

You better start saving for some bigger tanks now the clown loaches alone will need a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft one day.

Good info on clown loaches here http://www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loach-chromobotia-macracanthus

You must of spent a fair chunk of the cash that could of gone on the much needed external filter on even more fish :S

Something like the Fluval 105 (under £60) running along side your current internal would improve things considerably along with weekly water changes of 25-30%.

You better start saving for some bigger tanks now the clown loaches alone will need a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft one day.

Good info on clown loaches here http://www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loach-chromobotia-macracanthus
I cant stop thinking about the costs of maintaining an external filter , its too complicated and high maintainence and the carbon stuff and all that :no: :crazy: :huh:
The day in which I need a new tank I will sell my Clown Loaches.
For the moment its fine. Everyone gets so stressed about Clown Loaches in 'Small Tanks', I wish people stopped all that.

I cant stop thinking about the costs of maintaining an external filter , its too complicated and high maintainence and the carbon stuff and all that :no: :crazy: :huh:
The day in which I need a new tank I will sell my Clown Loaches.
For the moment its fine. Everyone gets so stressed about Clown Loaches in 'Small Tanks', I wish people stopped all that.

Externals especially the Fluvals are very easy & cheap to maintain.

They come with all necessary media and the only media that needs changing regulary if you choose to use it (many don't) is the carbon, you could just add some more bio media and/or use filter wool which is dirt cheap on ebay (5 meters for £7 delivered) and replace that regulary.

If you want to know why people go on about clown loaches in small tanks just read that article I have linked to, they are not suitable fish for beginners and need at least a 4ft tank even at the size you have.

Most reactions

Back