Help!

llamalord305

Fishaholic
Reaction score
100_0270.jpg

100_0271.jpg

I was put in charge of a relative's betta. When I got him he was bloated like this. He is responsive if you knock on his tank, and doesnt limp to the side, he only is at weird angles while swimming. He mostly lies at the bottom of his tank. The relative told me that he might be like that because she put him in a metal container while cleaning his tank. That was about 15 days ago. She told me that the little packet of Hikari bio gold has a spout at the bottom left, and a lot of food comes out. I think this might have caused this. His total age is around 2 years and he's pretty big. I problably shouldnt feed him... Could it be a tumor....? :-(

Very bad looking. I saw a betta like this once.

Don't feed for 3 days at least! :nod:
See how he looks after that. Until then not much more you can do.
Just keep a close eye on him to be sure nothing else changes.

Good Luck!

only ever had a goldfish that looked like that...not very good...try to keep comfortable...is he going to the loo?

Oh and just wanted to add may also be something else besides being overfed. However only time will tell. Take it one day at a time and just keep him comfortable. :nod:
:good:

Symptoms: String of feces hanging from fish, swollen abdomen, sluggishness, disinterest in food, off-balance swimming.
Diagnosis: Constipation
Treatment: Stop feeding for 2-3 days and continue with a more varied diet including live and plant-based foods

Thats a cut out from a fact sheet, and I did notice that feces was hanging from his bloat. Everything else is exactly how Elvis II is feeling.
:hyper: I think constipation is better than dropsy or a tumor.

It looks like bad constipation or dropsy.
One of my bettas got constipated a couple of days ago, and he was much less bloated... that betta looks quite big.
If it is constipation, try fasting and a cooked, de-shelled pea.

If it's dropsy, you'll most likely find out in a couple of days, maybe even a couple of weeks.
When my guppy had dropsy (died a couple of days ago :sad: :byebye: ) he was really bloated, almost larger than my pregnant females, so I think when it's dropsy they have a bigger bloat.

Also, watch out for splits on his tummy. My guppy got that right after pineconing, probably cuz he was so big :(
Good luck! :good:

Ive seen someone elses like that that had fish TB, lets hope its severe constipation. It isnt dropsy you can see his scales arent pineconed

Yep, zero amount of pineconing! He's a little more active in terms of swimming, and I put one pellet in, and im sure he saw it, but he ignored it. I found out that previously he was being fed an EXTREME amount of 6-8 pellets in one feeding. (Every day) :no: If thats the case then is most likely constipation. The poor guy.

Most reactions

Back